[Solved] Remote connection to PostgreSql

gabriele

I have the problem that I can't connect remotely to the postgres database I've made

My connection parameters are

• database: gabriele_postgres
  • user: gabriele_giannina
  • host: johnny.heliohost.org

Then the connection responds:

psql: FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "your ip", user "gabriele_giannina", database "gabriele_postgres", SSL off

I need help.

Thanks

By default, we don't allow remote connections. Our admin Krydos has to manually enable it per database and user if you want that to work.

What IP addresses do you want access from (or do you want it to work from any)?

OK. I'll move this so he sees it. 

Please note though that there's been a delay in getting escalated requests like these handled lately though. The admin who handles these, Krydos, has been busy with non-HelioHost stuff recently. We're all volunteers and don't get paid for what we do here, so we do have a real life and a job to tend to at times :)

Thanks!

Unfortunately I still have problems connecting. I get the following error message:

Unable to connect to server:
could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "johnny.heliohost.org" (65.19.141.67) and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

$host = "host = johnny.heliohost.org";
$port = "port = 5432";
$dbname = "dbname = gabriele_postgres";
$credentials = "user = gabriele_giannina password = ******";

$db = pg_connect("$host $port $dbname $credentials");

This is the result:

This server listens on all TCP ports, allowing you to test any outbound TCP port.

You have reached this page on port 5432.

Your network allows you to use this port. (Assuming that your network is not doing advanced traffic filtering.)

So it seems port 5432 is open.

But now that I'm testing connection from my home private network I don't get anymore the error message.

Is it possible that university public network does not allow connection to johnny.heliohost or has port 5432 blocked?