Cpanel suggestion

ziad87

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this.

You should add the uptime and load updating gifs to the stats or something. That way you know that you aren't causing crazy server load. And you only need the ones for your server.

Also make different versions for different cpanel styles (I personally like to use Dark)

If you don't know what I'm talking about here is an explanation :

server_load_s.gifserver_load_t.gifserver_load_j.gif

server_uptime_s.gifserver_uptime_t.gifserver_uptime_j.gif

Cpanel

By the way, how can you make an animated gif for number of visits? 

Edited by ziad0

Since when could server load be over 100% ?

post-105352-0-49588300-1522582471_thumb.png

Also haven't you noticed. The Tommy server seems to be getting slightly unstable over the last month (this is not a complaint im just asking why). Before the gifs actually said Tommy's uptime : 100.00%

Edited by ziad0

Also haven't you noticed. The Tommy server seems to be getting slightly unstable over the last month (this is not a complaint im just asking why).

Well, the last few months Tommy has been donor only. I set the suspension threshold kind of high because people are not going to be happy if they donate and then their account gets suspended.

Also haven't you noticed. The Tommy server seems to be getting slightly unstable over the last month (this is not a complaint im just asking why).

Well, the last few months Tommy has been donor only. I set the suspension threshold kind of high because people are not going to be happy if they donate and then their account gets suspended.

Oh, ok. I didn't really care about registrations since I registered at 2:00 AM (literally right as it striked) while free registrations were still open.

Now you have the new NAS, that is meant for Lily and Tommy (what's its name?) so you will open free registrations and lower the suspension threshold, right?

Also, do you plan on adding "Your load and MEM usage" to cpanel? (there is no time frame, just do it when you  can, or when you have nothing to do)

Edited by ziad0

Just do it when you can, or when you have nothing to do

Haha, that is most likely never but I'm sure he'll implement it if he feels it is necessary, he does a lot behind the scenes.

And the storage won't be included for some time. As far as I'm aware Ashoat hasn't got a trip planned to the servers yet.

To be honest, we don't show individual load sort of on purpose. Part of that is because there's no way to provide a meaningful number because high load is "high relative to other users", not "high relative to idle". For example, if the server happens to be rather quiet, your account can cause quite a bit of load without anything happening. If the server's busy though....

The other issue is that if users know where their upper limit is, they'll stay right below it, hogging as much as they can without getting suspended. By moving the limits dynamically and not telling you where they are, it makes it close to impossible to defeat. The limits are high enough though that reasonable software will run just fine. I've been here 7 years with numerous applications and sites on my account, and have never managed to suspend myself for load (on the other hand, I did manage to get suspended for malware at one point after an un-updated WP install for my minecraft server got hacked).

As for free registrations, yes we'll offer them again once we have the space to do so, and yes, it would be reasonable to assume that as the server becomes more crowded again from free accounts, the tolerance for load suspensions will probably be decreased to reduce load-related lag and downtime. They may or may not both happen at the same time though.

Edited by wolstech
More details

Oh ok nevermind.

I did manage to get suspended for malware at one point after an un-updated WP install for my minecraft server got hacked

An easy guide on how to fix security holes in Wordpress.

Step 1. Log in to your Cpanel.

Step 2. Open Softaculous

Step 3. Click Installations on the top.

Step 4. Look for your Wordpress installation(s)

** If you have a single installation **

1. Click the 'X' next to Wordpress

2. Tick all 3 boxes.

3. Press 'Remove'

4. Agree to the confermation.

** If you have multiple installations **

1. Check the boxes next to your Wordpress installations.

2. Change With selected: to Remove

3. Accept the dialog.

Congratulations! You have now fixed all security holes in Wordpress! :) 

Edited by ziad0