Instant messeging

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also use pidgin on linux, and aim on windows, but I prefer not to use windows that much. AIM is evil though because it kills Vista. Their advertising program they force you to install when you install AIM kills your internet and messes with some other things (like people on your lan can't connect to your PC anymore) but you can uninstall the viewsomething player right after you install to avoid this. But I hate using programs that force other [bleeped!] (especially evil programs) to be installed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't see why more people use WLM. It has everything a messenger should have.

Did you mean to say "I don't see why more people don't use WLM"? If you count everyone that posted in this thread, most of us do use WLM when using Windows. We just don't use Windows. With pidgin, I can connect to MSN, GoogleTalk and IRC at the same time.

I don't see why more people use WLM. It has everything a messenger should have.

Did you mean to say "I don't see why more people don't use WLM"? If you count everyone that posted in this thread, most of us do use WLM when using Windows. We just don't use Windows. With pidgin, I can connect to MSN, GoogleTalk and IRC at the same time.

Yes.

Okay, but my life doesn't consist of one forum. I'm talking about the world. Almost everyone here on the east uses AIM. It's annoying. Plus Pidgin, Mercury and Adium lack all the things WLM has. I'm also used to WLM's functions and skin.

I used to chat only on IRC via the free xchat. However, as of recently I've joined a dev team which does a lot of their talking on on steam chat (as it's a half life 2 mod we're making). Other than that I think im clients are pointless. I would much rather use irc and pm someone or talk in a specific channel.

I love my Yahoo messenger, it's great and easy to use.

I also like MSN Messenger but not as much I use YM.

Boys and girls, I'm bored stiff. No one seems to be online right now. so if you use WLM holla at me

my id is the same as my name.

phoexer

original huh?

By the way does anyone know why skype is not delivering these days?

I use skype, meebo, and windows live messanger. I like skype, but my headset takes a while to set up for it every day, so I dont use it that much. I use meebo, for AIM, YIM, and Google Talk. I use Windows Live messanger, mainly because meebo does not like connecting to the server for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying out Pidgin. Not sure if I like it better than Trillian.

Trillian had a hotkey system that I really liked, and the hotkey plug-in for Pidgin doesn't quite do the same impact on me.

On trillian I had global hotkeys for focusing on IRC rooms and changing status.

http://digsby.com ftw. I personally thought pidgin was the best, until I used digsby. It's only available for windows right now I think, but they are supposed to be working on a mac version. Let me know if you guys install it and like it... I just want to know if I convert anyone. I've already gotten three or four friends using it just by accident.