netship

Hello,

did anyone succeeded hosting Odoo CRM on Heliohost? :)

I am asking this because I see that Odoo starts 2 cron jobs periodically (once in a second each) and I saw that more than two cron job runs a day are not welcome and I am a bit worried that the account might become suspended if I install Odoo.

Edited by netship

Thank you. Odoo is python based CRM with PostgreSQL as DBMS. I guess I could manage to disable those crons (not sure if they are real cron jobs) or make them comply with the resources usage policies.

Edited by netship

Can Odoo be potentialy hosted (I would like to know if I can host it for demonstration purposes, personal usage though) on heliohost server? (odoo is started with a bash line: `python ./odoo-bin --config=path_to_odoo_config/odoo.conf`). Requires python 2.7 with some publicly available modules installable with pip.

Edited by netship

Does it run its own server/daemon process (it sounds like it does)? If so, no it cannot. We don't allow custom daemons for security reasons.

It would need to be able to run through Apache as a CGI application in order to be hosted here.

Two cron jobs once every second? That can't be right...

Also their website says Odoo is $24 per month. I doubt many people run $24 per month software on free hosts.

I don't see any mention of crons, but it does look like it runs constantly in an infinite loop. You're probably going to need a vps like https://www.heliohost.org/partners/vps to run something like this because even if you managed to get it running it would likely get you suspended really quickly because constantly running loops like that cause a lot of load.