[Solved] Ricky Status

daskunk

Is there a problem with Ricky? There's been a lot of time outs and slow or no response over the past 12 hours. If there is an issue or maintenance in progress, is there an estimated up time?

Thank you

We've added a lot of accounts to Ricky lately due to the crash on Johnny, and two of them in particular were causing a lot of load. They've been suspended and the load is balancing out nicely. When someone inevitably unsuspends them it's likely the load will return unless they fix their load issues quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

The median response time for the last 4 hours is 0.024s. The mean response time for the last 4 hours is 0.319s. The reason the mean is higher is because there can be slight spikes of lag while apache is restarting. If Ricky's apache was in the middle of a restart that could be why your response took 20 seconds. We think those response times are well within the acceptable range though. Johnny is generally the slowest server, Ricky is better, and Tommy is the best. If you want the fastest response times you can get for free we recommend creating your account on Tommy.

• 3 weeks later...

Google says that it needs 3.7 seconds for server response from https://etilk.com

and 3 seconds for https://muskamp.etilk.com.

Speedtest: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights

I know that we use wordpress, but 3 seconds for respose is embarasing. And 3 seconds for response have google. What about our clients on bad internet connection?

They tell us that they get timeout errors. 

What can we do about it?

I know there is Tommy option. But I do not believe it will be any better if the problem is somewhere else and not in times that you are showing. 

And loading depends. Sometimes it takes one minute to load and sometimes 1 second. And I always have the same internet speed. 

There must be something really wrong. 

I cannot hit restarting server time in 50 % of accessing my page. 

Thank you. 

3 seconds for a slow, bloated wordpress site on free hosting really isn't too bad. I just installed wordpress on Ricky and did a speed test. The page loads in 1.7 seconds pretty consistently. The same test on the same site but on Tommy results in 1.1 seconds. Do you have any plugins installed? Sometimes poorly written plugins can slow down wordpress by a lot. Obviously if you want speed the best solution is to use anything other than wordpress though.

Ditching wordpress and just using php on Tommy results in 120ms load times pretty consistently, and about 600ms on Ricky. It really depends on what the script does though.

Another thing I just thought of: What version of php are you using? All of the above tests were done with the default 5.6, but 7+ would be quite a bit faster.

I use version 7.

But problem isn't in WordPress. 3 seconds is not time to load whole page. But it is server response time. It takes 6 seconds to load page.

After server response is time that wordpress takes.

Can you tell me the times when is Ricky restarting?

Because sometimes ti takes 20 seconds to load page and sometimes 2.

And I have 50% of chance to load it in 20 seconds.

Can you reduce restarting?