AutoSSL on Ricky

Guest icnsofto

Guest icnsofto

Hi,

I just got a Heliohost account on Ricky (thanks for that) but now I'd like to get the free SSL certificate. I went right to SSL/TLS Status but instead of the regular AutoSSL with the free SSL but I am only offered an option to pay for SSL. What is happening?

Guest icnsofto

Ok thanks

I was also wondering, why does Heliohost cPanel never get updated? I think currently cPanel is now version 68 or 69

Because we heavily modified cpanel to do what we did here. Cpanel is only meant to handle about 400 accounts on a server. We cram in thousands of them. Cpanel's own support has recognized us as one of (if not *the*) most extreme uses their product has seen...

Updating it would break all of our custom code, so it simply never gets upgraded unless there is a server rebuild or a very compelling reason to upgrade.

Yeah, we have to for that server. Cpanel doesn't offer any way to install old versions.

Its not that the customization we use is incompatible, so much as it is that we have to spend time re-modifying everything each time its installed/updated.

Guest icnsofto

Tell me, at which hours AutoSSL runs?

Or even better: can you run AutoSSL on my account for me?

Edited by icnsofto

4:25:18 PM This system has AutoSSL set to use “cPanel (powered by Comodo)”.
 4:25:18 PM Checking websites for “icnsofto” …
 4:25:22 PM The website “staging.icnsoft.org”, owned by “icnsofto”, has a faulty SSL certificate (OPENSSL_VERIFY:0:18:DEPTH_ZERO_SELF_SIGNED_CERT). AutoSSL will attempt to replace this certificate.
 4:25:30 PM WARN The domain “staging.icnsoft.org” failed domain control validation: The system queried for a temporary file at “<a href="http://staging.icnsoft.org/.well-known/pki-validation/9E51985B8B1E954F1E5A79B734C6ADEF.txt">http://staging.icnsoft.org/.well-known/pki-validation/9E51985B8B1E954F1E5A79B734C6ADEF.txt</a>”, but the web server responded with the following error: 404 (Not Found). A <abbr title="Domain Name System">DNS</abbr> or web server misconfiguration may exist.
 4:25:30 PM WARN The domain “www.staging.icnsoft.org” failed domain control validation: The system queried for a temporary file at “<a href="http://www.staging.icnsoft.org/.well-known/pki-validation/E59B2E3DF59EB4C0C35BBF77BA85315C.txt">http://www.staging.icnsoft.org/.well-known/pki-validation/E59B2E3DF59EB4C0C35BBF77BA85315C.txt</a>”, but the web server responded with the following error: 404 (Not Found). A <abbr title="Domain Name System">DNS</abbr> or web server misconfiguration may exist.
 4:25:30 PM The system has completed the AutoSSL check for “icnsofto”.

That error is usually because you have some sort of forced redirect. AutoSSL does not support these forced redirects and requires a plain HTTP connection to the .well-known folder to verify the domain.

Remove the forced SSL redirect or add an exception for the URLs given above and let me know so I can run it again.

Edited by wolstech
Logs

8:58:00 PM This system has AutoSSL set to use “cPanel (powered by Comodo)”.
 8:58:00 PM Checking websites for “icnsofto” …
 8:58:07 PM WARN AutoSSL will not generate a certificate for the website “icnsoft.org” because every domain for that website has been excluded from AutoSSL. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SSL/Auto/Report.pm line 137.
 8:58:07 PM The website “staging.icnsoft.org”, owned by “icnsofto”, has a faulty SSL certificate (OPENSSL_VERIFY:0:18:DEPTH_ZERO_SELF_SIGNED_CERT). AutoSSL will attempt to replace this certificate.
 8:58:14 PM The system will attempt to renew SSL certificates for the following websites:
 8:58:14 PM staging.icnsoft.org (staging.icnsoft.org www.staging.icnsoft.org)
 8:58:19 PM The system has completed the AutoSSL check for “icnsofto”.
 8:59:12 PM The queue contains a request for a certificate for “icnsofto”’s website “staging.icnsoft.org”. The system last polled for this certificate at May 8, 2018, 12:58:18 AM UTC. The next poll will be no earlier than May 8, 2018, 1:03:18 AM UTC.
 9:04:26 PM Polling for “icnsofto”’s new certificate for “staging.icnsoft.org” (order item ID “376686803”) …
 9:04:28 PM The certificate is available. The system will now attempt to install it.
 9:05:03 PM SUCCESS The certificate is now installed!

The domain  staging.icnsoft.org now has a certificate. That certificate will renew on its own when it nears expiration provided you don't block the domain validation again. I'd advise creating a folder to put the WP install in so it doesn't conflict, instead of installing it in the domain's root.

Please note that it may take up to 2 hours for it to take effect.

Guest icnsofto

Thanks a lot for your help

I would have been much easier for me if you had an updated cPanel (because there is a Run AutoSSL button on the newest cPanel)

Guest icnsofto

By the way, is it normal that the SSL only works on cPanel ports and not on port 443, or should I wait a bit more?