Backups Available

HelioHost

Thanks for the backups. But how to continue? As a homeless, living with my laptop in the street, my access to the Internet is rather limited, especially at 11pm (free Tommy accounts). Making a donation - no doubt, you earn it, but how to use PayPal if you haven't a credit card? So, the big question: Does Johnny come back and have you any idea how long this might take? Thanks again.

If I had to guess a few weeks if not sooner. I know Krydos was looking at it recently, and he's debating whether resuscitating Johnny 3 is still an option. He'd rather keep Johnny 3 if he can so we can keep RoR and Mono 3.5 support.

cPanel no longer offers them, so a rebuild or anything involving a cPanel upgrade means losing these features...

We can't right now, which is why you were given the raw files.

Once you get mysql to open the databases, you should be able to export them to .sql files using mysqldump or similar.

Understood, no problem! Thank you.

That's a raw MyISAM database.

You need to set up MySQL on your PC and convert them. Here's a guide that explains how to restore/verify them: https://blog.arekibo.com/restore-a-mysql-database-from-backed-up-program-files-frm-myd-myi-no-sql-dump-required/

I managed to recover the database in Ubuntu 18.04. Here is how I have done it, if anybody has the same problem.

I am assuming MySQL (server and client) is installed.

First stop MySQL

sudo systemctl stop mysql

Extract the raw database files from the compressed file in a folder, e.g. mydatabase.

Move the folder to the mysql folder. For Ubuntu it is at /var/lib/mysql

sudo mv mydatabase/ /var/lib/mysql

IMPORTANT! Change the owner of the folder to mysql. If you don't do that you will get access errors when trying to check and repair the database.

sudo chown -R mysql:mysql /var/lib/mysql/mydatabase

Start MySQL

sudo systemctl restart mysql

Check and repair the database

mysqlcheck -u root -p mydatabase

You can now dump the database to a .sql file. You can do that from the shell or use phpMyAdmin. I used phpMyAdmin.

Finally, login to your Heliohost account's cPanel and import the .sql file using phpMyAdmin.

Done!

If he ends up rebuilt, yes. It'll also lose .NET 3.5 support (that'll be replaced with 4.6 or whatever the current one is).

cPanel no longer supports RoR at all though. Lily will eventually be capable of RoR, but who knows when that will be considering we have yet to get the basic functionality working...

The backups only include mysql and home folder contents. We did not back up the postgres databases.

Please post a new topic asking for postgres data and I'll pass it onto Krydos for you to see if this can be recovered.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh. I used to have a johnny account so I misclicked and... A clean installation of cpanel? No ads? /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi is the one that comes with cpanel?

And johnny is "down"? So it is rebuilt, yes? Or is it a snapshot in ESXi? Now Tommy has the oldest Cpanel?

Edited by ziad87

It's in the middle of being rebuilt. Krydos just hasn't installed any of the HelioHost stuff yet beyond I think the load images. A lot of that is stuff that tends to get done later in the process.

The attempts made at repairing the old one resulted in too many bugs, so it was rebuilt.

I have (had) an account on Jonnhy, and need info how to proceed to move to Ricky.

I already downloaded the backup

Will i need to signup with a different login?

I already donated to GoFundMe campaign (to get an increased storage). Do i need to donate again?

Login: blikblum

Domain: blikblum.heliohost.org

Thanks in advance

Edited by blikblum