Is Johnny back?

Guest warinca

Guest warinca

Hi,

I went by curiosity on https://johnny.heliohost.org:2083 (but I'm on Tommy) and I saw the cPanel login page. Does it mean it'll be back soon?

I really hope cPanel will be updated enough so that we can have the new AutoSSL which does not require the intervention of sysadmins and automatic Apache restart when we change main domains ; and that the new Johnny will be much more reliable and faster than before

Guest warinca

Luigi123, can you tell when Johnny will be able to handle registrations again?

I'd like to see if the new Johnny will be better than the old one

You install cpanel, it installs the latest release.

Now Johnny will be regaining his uptime. On the heliohost site at the bottom it shows online!

@Piotr GRD You should fix the monitor for Johnny. (and cpanel monitoring)

Edited by ziad87

I didn't know about the IP change (and I don't visit this forum enough often). On webhosts where IPs change from time to time I try to detect these changes automatically, but here, on HelioHost, IPs were usually the same for many years, so I don't.

Now, for 24 hours already, my monitoring of Johnny works (thank you, admins, for email).

cPanel thing is a different story, mainly about my problem with procrastination.

I sent him an email about the IP change and an invitation to create his new monitor account as soon as the server was ready. He couldn't have fixed it himself prior to that.