Johnny's Rebirth

HelioHost

It's not a permanent change. As soon as the ddos ends we're going to move back to the original ip. As should be the case with all good service monitors, we have no control over that site. The person who runs it is very busy, and I don't want to bother him about it only to make him change it back in a couple days or whatever.

This morning (morning in Europe, late night in America) I found these posts of lensoft and wolstech and I've switched my monitor to the other IP - no luck (now I've switched back to .67). Apart of that few times in last few days I've tried to connect to the Johnny server "manually" through few domain names (so current IP set at the HelioHost DNS was in use) from my own and from two other locations and it was unavailable every time (however that could be just a bad luck when it was very slow, that was just few connection tries). And if we'll add "HelioHost" forum user signature with "Johnny: down, uptime 5%" - I assume that either Johnny server is really down or connections to it are blocked for large number of source locations (if there is/was a problem with DDoS then some anti-DDoS tools could block wide range of the world, not only the attackers).

PS.

My "disk space info" tool is accessing HelioHost servers from other location than my monitor and is doing it every 15 minutes through domain names (not fixed IP). For last three days Johnny was only occasionally available for that "disk space" tool, at 2:40 UTC July 31st, 4:10 UTC August 1st.

Edited by Piotr GRD