[Inactive] 404 even though the war is deployed

Amoss

Honestly, I don't think anyone here knows. Nobody here (including us) really know much about Java programming. The only example that we know works is the dummy MyHelioServlet that's floating around (search the forum for it).

I know several users on here do use Java successfully though. Perhaps one of them would know why this doesn't work for you.

It worked until not long time ago...

Krydos posted here something about missing files/bad structure. Now that I finished my changes, I can get deep into finding out what is missing but I need to know what is it exactly

Edited by Amoss

root@tommy [/opt/tomcat/live/webapps/stockdi1_MyHelioServlet]# ls -la
total 4
drwxr-x---. 4 nobody nobody 35 Jul 11 16:49 .
drwxr-xr--. 27 nobody nobody 4096 Jul 11 16:49 ..
drwxr-x---. 3 nobody nobody 54 Jul 11 16:49 META-INF
drwxr-x---. 4 nobody nobody 44 Jul 11 16:49 WEB-INF
root@tommy [/opt/tomcat/live/webapps/stockdi1_MyHelioServlet]#
Still don't see an index.jsp.

Apparently the problem was that the WAR didn't finish uploading. It got up to 100% and stayed there for some time so I closed the tab and deployed. Only now I realized that I should have waited longer for the progress to become green.

Now I waited for it to become green and re-deployed, index.jsp should be there now but I still get 404.

Any ideas?

Well, that's bizarre. The index.jsp file is showing up on the server now, but it still gives the 404 error. I would recommend starting a new project with a different name in Eclipse like Wolstech suggested and see if it has the same problem.

• 1 month later...