Changes Coming

Ashoat

They will reviewing newbies posts on HelioNet as well as reviewing all HelioHost accounts that they are assigned.

Are there any perks to sweeten the deal?
I could offer more space and bandwidth and prioritized support if you guys want.

The script can be easily adapted to satisfy both tasks. I think it basically needs to perform a WHOIS query. I did not put anything in the code sample just to show how the system may look like.
It's just that the WhoIs query can easily be achieved through many free websites out on the internet right now. If you're talking about a .heliohost.org domain though, I guess I can see the use.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Kyougi is still here :D

I might apply for a moderator position because I have experience on a larger scale... but sounds good to expand the community... how does a movie/flash animation submitted to a popular place which links to this site sound?

I havn't been on here in a while, sorry about that guys and girls. I have been stationed in Iraq and just got back. It seems like DJBOB has made quite a few changes for the good! DJBOB, I noticed in this thread that you were looking to aquire Mods for the forum, and that you were going to put up some type of application...errr application lol. Have you done that yet and if so, what is the link for that. I just wanted to say how lucky we are for DJBOB and his generosity (spelling?) and that we should not take his services for granted. I would like to suggest, if i am not out of line here, to click on the banner ads once in a while on the forum. I think that is generating some type of restitution or income for him. If not, I am sure he will let us all know.

Anyways, KUDOS to DJBOB. Thanks Buddy!

Amazing, what happens now?

I got less knowledge in server setup.

But rationally, that would means our dear Stevie finally has been successfully setup together with Apache, cPanel, MySQL, etc that is needed to run Helio server.

Amazing, what happens now?

I got less knowledge in server setup.

But rationally, that would means our dear Stevie finally has been successfully setup together with Apache, cPanel, MySQL, etc that is needed to run Helio server.

Oh no no, I understand that much, I was just wondering what djbob's next steps were.

My next step is to put the old server and Stevie into a DNS cluster, install my free hosting management and signup script on Stevie, and then switch Stevie to be the one handling new signups. After that, I will give a three month ultimatum to existing accounts that they must request a transfer to Stevie or their accounts will be discarded. I will email everyone and put a notice in cPanel. We auto-delete unused accounts after three months anyways, so if an account is being used the webmaster should notice that we are moving.

I would like to suggest, if i am not out of line here, to click on the banner ads once in a while on the forum.
Please only click the banner ads if you are interested. Otherwise you're frauding Google and its advertisers.

And no, the moderator applications are not out yet. Thanks for your concern, though.

My next step is to put the old server and Stevie into a DNS cluster
Hopefully I won't have problems loading site with the new server. I still get random outages where nothing not even helionet works, but heliohost will work. And just yesterday, all the sites including helionet worked, yet helioHOST didn't work.

After that, I will give a three month ultimatum to existing accounts that they must request a transfer to Stevie or their accounts will be discarded.

Do we actually get a transfer or do we just end up making a new account and have to reupload everything?

Do we actually get a transfer or do we just end up making a new account and have to reupload everything?

djbob mentioned this quite a number of times, that will be a transfer.

Just request for the transfer, and everything will be done with no worries. ;-)

Yup, I've considered that :)

I've been purposely withholding information about HelioHost's improved offerings until Stevie is 100% up and running so that we can handle the rush of new users. Also, I'd like to have the new design in before I go ahead with that, and getting new moderators beforehand would be nice as well.