Changes Coming

Ashoat

Cheers!!! Finally I see gray colour!

Well.. I didn't found cPanel to be annoying in the past though.

Anyway, great job, hurray and thanks to djbob.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the server switch hasn't happened yet, but I have been optimizing cPanel lately. Turns out the majority of our problems are due to people thinking that its OK to cron some script to run every minute.

Well, the server switch hasn't happened yet, but I have been optimizing cPanel lately. Turns out the majority of our problems are due to people thinking that its OK to cron some script to run every minute.

Wow... that's pretty dumb. Can you impose limits on cron, like setting the minimum for half an hour or something?

Also, when we request switching to the new server, our data is transfered, right?

Well.. that's the reason which caused Helio down recently.

Could you possibly find out who caused this mess and give a warning?

I guess when we request to switch to new server, the data will be transferred as well. djbob won't make trouble to us I believe.

Looking forward to Monday, server switching day!

Wow... that's pretty dumb. Can you impose limits on cron, like setting the minimum for half an hour or something?
Yup, I've been working on that recently.

Also, when we request switching to the new server, our data is transfered, right?
Yes.

Could you possibly find out who caused this mess and give a warning?
Yup, I've been doing that today.

Monday is not server switching day. I haven't actually bought the server yet, let alone recieved it, installed cPanel/WHM on it, and sent it off to the datacenter. It'll be some time from now... maybe a month or so. For now, I'll try to keep the old server running a little bit smoother than it has been lately.

Monday is not server switching day. I haven't actually bought the server yet, let alone recieved it, installed cPanel/WHM on it, and sent it off to the datacenter. It'll be some time from now... maybe a month or so. For now, I'll try to keep the old server running a little bit smoother than it has been lately.

Ooooppss.. What I mean is server purchasing day.

A month huh..... well.. I guess it worths to wait for the Quad-core Core 2 Duo.

I'll consider it, but my real priority right now is stabilizing the server and preventing the server outages.

However, I think I applied the final update to stabilize the old server today. No more outages should be occuring :)

I'll consider it, but my real priority right now is stabilizing the server and preventing the server outages.

However, I think I applied the final update to stabilize the old server today. No more outages should be occuring :)

All Hail djbob!

Hail!

Hail!

Hail!

Btw, the server crashed when I was presenting my website for a school grade two weeks ago. -_-;

Yah, lappy512 helped me some. His fixes got the server to be more reliable. Thanks to his help, in the future if we have more crashes it won't be as bad. Server load will still be 40 and the server will run slow, but at least it won't die.

I just caught and apprehended the offenders. Check the server load - it's down to like 3 from 10 ^_^

Oh yah, and about that last crash... yah, ignore the last post, NOW is the start of the no-crashes period :)

UPDATE

I've done a major cleanup of the server. Server load is now in the green and not only should crashes be gone, but the server should be running much faster :)

It's evident already. Back to the good old days where there was no such thing as lag on these servers. Gotta love it. Thanks lappy and djbob, and no thanks to the people who thinks it's alright to overload the server!

UPDATE

I've done a major cleanup of the server. Server load is now in the green and not only should crashes be gone, but the server should be running much faster smile.gif

This is the fascinating news of the week. Quite tired to see server down/crashes within these 2 weeks.

I was working and bored in the office, and hopefully Helio can help me spend my time, but it crashes... sigh... disappointed.

Hopefully everything's gonna be alright.

AND a special salute to lappy!! orz

Well done! I certainly can tell that things are working much better. The forum is definitely more responsive. I'd give you a pat on the back, but you'll have to settle for a big smile. :D

Well.... how come this option had become BLACK again?

Fix up cPanel. cPanel has that annoying ad at the start and has most of the content in bad positions. I'm going to fix those issues.

Saw it last time and it was gray. =.="

Does that means something has been "redo"?