SSL problem

rajdis

Hi,

I am facing a problem of SSL while trying to access https://whm.distribure.cf/ or https://cpcalendars.distribure.cf/ .

It says:

"whm.distribure.cf uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for tommy.heliohost.org

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN "

HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) is activated on my website. So there is no change of adding exception. I am using Let's Encrypt Cert. as I faced some activation problem with the cPanel's Cert which was provided.

Will you please look after this matter?

-Thanks

Um, you are able to proceed as HSTS is not enabled. Also you don't need WHM. It is only for the admins. The problem with cpanel DCVs are that they must check with non secure HTTP, any forcing of SSL will stop the certificate getting issued.

You can use wildcard domains on let's encrypt too.

• Like 1

Correct. We do not use or support HSTS. If the website needs to force SSL, you must add an exception for the .well-known folder in the .htaccess file. This folder must be accessible over unsecured http or the certs will not issue.

WHM is for root admins only. That will never work for you and would only serve to get your IP address blocked for failed logins.

Also, be aware that certificates take up to 24 hours to issue after a domain is added and configured correctly.

• Like 1

I am facing another problem. This is the result of scanning my server:

+ SSL Info:        Subject:  /CN=nossl.heliohost.org                   Altnames: nossl.heliohost.org, cpanel.nossl.heliohost.org, mail.nossl.heliohost.org, webdisk.nossl.heliohost.org, webmail.nossl.heliohost.org, www.nossl.heliohost.org                   Ciphers:  ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384                   Issuer:   /C=US/ST=TX/L=Houston/O=cPanel, Inc./CN=cPanel, Inc. Certification Authority

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Hostname 'distribure.cf' does not match certificate's names: nossl.heliohost.org, cpanel.nossl.heliohost.org, mail.nossl.heliohost.org, webdisk.nossl.heliohost.org, webmail.nossl.heliohost.org, www.nossl.heliohost.org

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using Let's Encrypt Certificate.

That happens if you scan the domain before the certificate finishes installing. NoSSL is the account responsible for showing the "SSL Not Installed" messages that appear when certificates are missing. I just tested the domain in question in a browser and it works fine over HTTPS. 

Also, I noticed from your template that you may be planning to offer free movies or music on your site. Doing this may get you suspended for copyright infringement since most free sources of this content are illegal. As a reminder, providing links to illegal content is infringement even if you don't host the content yourself. While there's no content on the site yet, please keep this in mind when designing your site to avoid getting suspended.

• Like 1

That happens if you scan the domain before the certificate finishes installing. NoSSL is the account responsible for showing the "SSL Not Installed" messages that appear when certificates are missing. I just tested the domain in question in a browser and it works fine over HTTPS. 

Also, I noticed from your template that you may be planning to offer free movies or music on your site. Doing this may get you suspended for copyright infringement since most free sources of this content are illegal. As a reminder, providing links to illegal content is infringement even if you don't host the content yourself. While there's no content on the site yet, please keep this in mind when designing your site to avoid getting suspended.

Okay. Thanks for informing me . I want to know one more thing, if I provide links to download books on different subjects for personal use (you will find some in https://distribure.cf/comp/a_plus.php ) then is the same rule of infringement applicable?