[Solved] Suspended hh_allu62

Hello. Honestly surprised to view my account suspended for inactivity. 1 month without Website as a result of the Johnny crash and rebuild and then, when it's finally back, I am told that I have to open a new account, because during this month I didn't work on my site... Isn't that a little bit bizarre and unfair? Thanks for help!

It's not the inactivity that caused your account to disappear. The rebuild of the server did. Every single user who had a Johnny account has to sign up again, even those who had sites that were being used before the crash. Johnny is meant to be a testing and experimentation server, and as result from time to time breaks and may need a rebuild like we did here. This is the 4th Johnny in 3 years for what it's worth.

On the other hand, Ricky has been rebuilt once (it was called Stevie before the rebuild, Stevie lasted nearly 10 years until the disks quit) and Tommy has never been rebuilt. If you want a lower risk of your account not working properly, or just vaporizing without any notice as occurred here, I'd suggest Ricky or Tommy.

Thanks for answering and sorry that I didn't see the real reason for account de-activation. If I do understand, the only realistic possibilty to get a Tommy account is making a donation, what needs the usage of Paypal. As homeless, living in the street, I have no possibilty to get a credit card allowing any kind of Internet payment; making a donation using a bank account would be possible, but seems not be previewed. So ... thanks for the time I could dream my Website dream. Signing up again on Johny with all the hopes and very likely all the deception - better for me to give up, I think...

Regards.

We offer free Tommy accounts every day at midnight UTC. They're first come first served, but it is possible to get one for free.

Also, Ricky accounts are relatively reliable too, and we give away quite a few of those (more than Tommy) every night.

Thanks, I read about it. But Internet access at midnight isn't realistic for me. Regretable; if I chose HelioHost, it was because of the way it is managed: community-based without financial interest. Perhaps the only hosting provider of this kind...

Anyway, thanks for having done the backups

And sorry that I posted as much and steal your time (5 persons to manage a hosting service: must really be idealists and not needing lots of sleep).

It isn't for most of us. When I started here, I had to create my account at 3AM  :o (US Eastern, at the time signups were midnight Pacific vs. UTC).

Considering the circumstances, please check the email address associated with your forum account.

You can't imagine what that means to me! Just greatful! And I'm sure that one day I find someone who uses Paypal...

Created new account "allu" on Tommy. Suppose I can definively delete "allu62"?

Thanks again!