Softaculous Error: "Installation already exists". Really???

webdevsemo

Please see screenshots for error message and listing of current installations. I don't know how it could have been installed before under the same domain as I just registered it and have had this error since. Maybe it isn't related to the domain name, not sure, but there isn't an installation with that name in the list of current installations. I'm also looking through the file explorer and see a lot of files that maybe I would delete, but not sure what might work and what might break my other sites. 

Thanks for any advice. 

post-147845-0-76618900-1528291846_thumb.png

post-147845-0-40196200-1528291865_thumb.png

It's saying that because you added floyd-and-associates.com as an alias domain. That means it shows the same content as your main domain, and it's files are located in /home/cwfloyd/public_html/ which already has a wordpress install. Obviously softaculous doesn't want to overwrite your wordpress. Are you trying to make floyd-and-associates.com a separate site? If so you should remove it from aliases and recreate it as an addon domain.

Thank you. Ok, some things missing in my understanding. In that case, could you change my primary domain to cwfloyd.heliohost.org? I've tried using the primary domain name change tool, but hasn't worked. I'm on Tommy and my username is cwfloyd.

I'm thinking that my request for a primary domain name change is going to get lost in the other info in my messages, so I'll open another item for it. This problem is solved. Thank you. Creating a separate add-on domain for each site from now on.