Django and codeigniter together

nijojob

Hi,

I can run both django(python) and codeigniter(PHP) websites from the Tommy server which is really great.

But, my question is how? I have been trying to do the same with wamp in the laptop but unable to do so.

Can you help me out?

Thanks and regards,

Nijo Job

Hi,

I can run both django(python) and codeigniter(PHP) websites from the Tommy server which is really great.

But, my question is how? I have been trying to do the same with wamp in the laptop but unable to do so.

Can you help me out?

Thanks and regards,

Nijo Job

I don't know much about windows, but if you were using linux it would be easy enough. First install apache, and php. Those are easy. Then compile python with shared enabled. Next install mod_wsgi for apache using the shared libraries of the python and apxs for your apache. You'll probably need to install apache-devel package to get apxs. Then edit httpd.conf to set up the configuration for mod_wsgi to work. Then just pip install django. From there you can set up your django application the same as on the server. I don't have the slightest clue how you would do any of that on windows, nor would I even want to try.

If you're asking because you want to test your django apps locally before you upload them you don't need to do any of the above. You don't even need apache. Just install python, and then pip install django. Then use your commandline to run django-admin startproject. That command creates a manage.py file that you can use to start a testing webserver. Just run python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8080, and then open 127.0.0.1:8080 in your browser to see your django app.