What's New and Exciting

meriadoc

I was tired of seeing the message, "What can I do to get 50,000 helions?" at the top and decided to do something about it. I'm sure someone is going to reply to it now that I said something. Well, at least I'll get a brief moment of respite.

The topic is just as it suggests, What's new and exciting? All you have to do is tell us what's new and exciting in your life. Anyone saying nothing or replying with one line will be shamelessly ignored or dipped in cheese sauce. So there you have it.

As for me, I'm heading out tent camping this weekend. It's just a one nighter at a State Park. The weather is looking good and this time of year you avoid the crowds. The plan is to go hiking, eat some outdoor cooking, and kick back around the campfire. I enjoy getting into the outdoors and getting away from the day to day routine whenever possible.

I was new to programming, and was excited waiting for my universities application outcome.

LOLZ.. kidding.

Being in the transition period of pre-U and U, I work as a part time in a big direct sales company in Asia.

Being just a temporary clerk, they let me handle 2 market, Hong Kong and recently opened India.

Don't really understand, there're 3 others temporary clerk as me, but they're just given 1 or half market to handle, but why me??? Why I get 2??

Sigh.... tired of this kind of bully game.

The weather turned out to be great during our camping trip this weekend. We were able to pack up the tents clean and dry. This is always a plus since it saves a lot of time after you get back. I'm all ready to go again in less than two weeks. This year we have had exceptionally good weather in my neck of the woods. Normally we have a lot of rain and it is cooler. The trees are starting to get their leaves and the flowers are starting to pop up. Looks like Spring is in full swing so to speak. There were quite a few people fishing out at the lake. The park was having a fishing derby for all the young anglers out there. The ODNR, Division of Wildlife released trout into the lake and if you caught a tagged fish you would win a prize. I think they also had something for largest fish.

On the home front, I pulled out the powerwasher and cleaned my deck yesterday. Today I'm planning on adding a coat of Waterseal. If this sounds exciting be sure to come over and help. :lol: In the past I haven't taken care of my deck until May or even June. I feel pretty good about being ahead of schedule. Although the waterseal task is an every other year activity. I also had to take my truck into the shop. My transmission has been acting up and this could be a costly visit. I'm certainly not looking forward to hearing from the repair guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'm talking to myself. There must be someone that leads a life with new and exciting adventures besides myself. The repairs to my truck were not as bad as I thought. I ended up having to get a new drive shaft of all things. This set me back a little over $500 U.S. Dollars. The old drive shaft had been weakened by the elements and would give the vehicle a back and forth motion when cruising at a steady speed. Think of it like a rubber band twisting one direction and then the other. My truck is a bit on the old side, a 1995 GMC Sierra to be exact. It looks great from the outside, but mechanically things are not all well and good.

This past weekend I went camping again and had a great time. The weather cycled between rain, wind and sunshine. At one point we had quite a down pour, but we were prepared for it. We also went hiking, fishing and enjoyed some time around the campfire. Our troop had not been to this camp before and it was neat to explore the surroundings. I hope to go back again for another outing. Today I'm going to clean and dry the tent I used.

So What is Everyone Else Doing for Fun?

I guess I'm the only one share my experience with you.

Well, my 6 months holidays in ending and gonna get in university soon.

Disappointedly, I failed to get myself in NTU (a famous university in Singapore), all dreams has been spoilt because I didn't pay enough hardwork in my studies. I guess I shall end up in local university which is very low quality.

As I said, my long holiday is ending, and I'm gonna enjoy it to the fullest. Just planning with my trip into National Reserved Forest for jungle tracking, canopy experience, perhaps kayak also. And now we're planning on how to save the most money as possible as we're all still students.

Well... crapping when planning is fun, we discuss on how to sleep and sh1t in the jungle. Sleep, we suggest a few tents and sleeping bags... And they asked, "What if it rains? How about those who sleeps in sleeping bag?"

And I said, "go hang up under the tree, then he/she won't get wet"

and about sh1t.... on how to settle it.... most of us suggest just simply dig a hole and buried it. While some suggest go into the river and make your business done..... yuckssss :wacko: :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, being dipped in cheese sauce would be new.

New and exciting, new and exciting.....I'm trying to learn and understand as much Access in 2 days as possible, import a Form and DB into Frontpage to work with a website and going blind. Caffeine (which IS one of the four food groups to which I sacrifice grains and breads) and a flat screen has me blinded along with the Oakenfold, 70s funk and techno trifecta auditory onslaught.

Later on will be hopefully getting a better handle on a banner and top/left side image map pending a fax coming in from the shop with how many pages this site will be so I know how many pages it will be. If I change my mind about the left side before then it's on to something else for that area.

Life in general? WNBA season starts this Saturday night, went to the tip off party night before last and had a blast. Nothing else on the calendar until the online Disturbed online concert on the 29th for me. Well, as soon as the website is done I start heavy study for my A+ cert and job hunting.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your replies. I thought this thread would be a good way to learn a little about the people on HelioNet. Thank goodness I was right.

A few weeks ago I went to see the NASCAR truck races at a speedway not too far away. I've been to a number of races in my time, but this was the first truck race. It was pretty exciting and it was a nice crowd of people to be with. We were able to walk around the track before the race and meet some of the drivers. There was also time for socializing in the parking area while enjoying a sandwich and favorite beverage. I'm not a superfan or anything like that, just like to watch it once in a while to see something different. This weekend I took time out to watch the race on television and it was an incredible finish. Probably the closest race I have ever seen. They had to wait and review photos to determine who crossed the finish line first.

Good luck on those tests Frankie. Bishh, surely there is more to your life than what you wrote, why not get outside and enjoy life? Sounds like you are getting into the pet scene reesybob. We had an awesome dog at the camp I worked at when I was younger. He was a New Findland, very large and friendly. People would be intimidated when they first met him, but he was a lot of fun. Always wanted to get a dog, but my life has enough complications at the moment. Perhaps when I'm older and retired.

Why yes, to a certain extent the introductions topic does allow you to learn a little about people. In my opinion an introduction is more of a one time thing. I don't expect any thread to go on forever and in fact that gets kind of old. What I was looking for is a way to learn about others from what they do in their spare time. More or less asking what are your interests or what are you working on now. I think that is a different take, it gives a path for growth instead of here is my resume and this is what I'm all about.

Good topic. I'll throw my hat in.

I am a huge hockey fan and this weekend, here in Ottawa, Canada, they are holding the annual NHL entry draft, so a friend and I will be heading over to Scotiabank Place to take that in. Very excited to see, and hopefully meet, all of the hockey legends and future stars that will be there.

I am also part of an ongoing hockey pool, for which I am currently creating a website. Partly to help inform my co-general managers and partly to cut my teeth in the world of web programming and design.

Completed an information systems certificate a couple years ago at the local college, and am now gearing up to complete the rest of the courses to obtain a computer programming diploma.

Thinking about taking a trip somewhere. Not sure where though.

And...Euro2008 is going! Time to play softball! Time to rollerblade!

What's new?

School has started here and I'm at my senior year. Last year before I become a college student. I'm a bit anxious this year since I'm crossing the bar of being a kid and an adult.