[Solved] Suspended

sofija

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw that im blamed for all that happened, but i don't understand how did i cause this? More then i year my site works great no any problem. I haven't install anything cause i learned from my previous mistake what plugins can do. Last thing that i remember that i have done on my site is updating a plugin. Nothing else. If writing a post can do such a thing? And seeing that same think happened to other servers and users too. So isn't that means that is wordpress to blame, all users updated to date, maybe is something with the update? 

But when u blame me for this i want to know how did i do that. Is not good to see your name around blamed for such a thing and u see that this is happen to other sites on other servers that are not even connected with u...

Something in your Wordpress installation had a security hole that got abused to hack your account. Either you failed to keep it up to date, or you had bad luck and used a plug-in that has a hole.

We recommend that people not use Wordpress for this exact reason. It is far too easy to compromise and causes a big mess when it does get compromised.

Time to learn I think. Joomla will be the easier of the two to learn, and honestly, once you're used to it, you'll probably end up preferring it. It's just so much better built than WP, and is arguably what WP should have been.

I used WP myself initially, then played with joomla, which I use for a few sites I host elsewhere, and found it to be a better product. It's usually my first choice when building a site for someone these days. I still have a single WP install laying around, which got hacked, and I'm tempted to not bother fixing it.

I eventually wrote my own site myself (custom CMS) and have yet to have an issue with that. Programming experience is obviously needed for that method though.

Im only good with html and css. I think i need i time to think what should i do next  :blink: . I love heavy metal was site for my radio and users come to my site to check what new, to vote for best song and band, and my other was for my graphic design (second one not so active with visitors). I dont know is it a good idea to leaving my radio fans without the site, but i cant afford a payed one. The cheep that i saw was HostGator, when i calculate for one year i got amount of 80 $  :unsure:. And also im afraid to make a new website here i already cause u enough troubles... Any suggestion what should i do? 

Even if you got paid hosting at hostgator, you'd have the same problem with WordPress...it's WP that's the problem, not us, so moving hosts won't fix it and in fact might cause you to lose your money if they decide to ban you when you inevitably get hacked again.

You're more than welcome to create a new site here, but please don't use WP this time around if you do.

That is a great to hear that im still welcome here. I will use Joomla this time. I will start watching tutorials first to make sure im doing the right thing. Any advice on anything that i should pay attention, about security setup and etc... or joomla do it it self...

I saw that im blamed for all that happened, but i don't understand how did i cause this?

You may have been completely up to date and did nothing wrong at all. All I was saying was your wordpress install was the entry point for the hacker. Your wordpress site gets the most traffic of any wordpress site hosted on our servers so of course it's going to attract the most hackers.

I saw that im blamed for all that happened, but i don't understand how did i cause this?

You may have been completely up to date and did nothing wrong at all. All I was saying was your wordpress install was the entry point for the hacker. Your wordpress site gets the most traffic of any wordpress site hosted on our servers so of course it's going to attract the most hackers.

:o

So if my site was on joomla i would be safe? I must know this, cause is there any possibility to be hacked again i don't even want to start building new site... If i have joomla now i will be safe from hackers or still have chance to be hacked?