Are HelioMine coins accepted as donation?

pctips

I downloaded HelioMine and would like to install it.

I just want to ask, when you run the software, are the coins generated considered a donation to HelioHost? And will I be able to signup on Tommy earlier or will I have to donate via PayPal/Scrill only?

Heliomine credit will count as a donation. You need to mine $1 or more for a tommy account, and will need to post when you reach that for an invite to be sent.

Thanks. I guess I will have to mine then  :D

And one more, how will I know when it will have reached $1 or more?

Edited by pctips

You can see your mining results at https://www.heliohost.org/heliomine/scoreboard/

Thanks, however I am not listed there.

My username is pctips, I currently have only this forum account due to want to signup on Tommy.

On my settings it says that I have found 147 shares; I don't know if this helps or if you can see the stats for me, however I am sure I have not reached $1.

Thanks.

Edited by pctips

The scoreboards are not in real-time (they're refreshed across a 6 hour interval), and won't show anything until you've earned a measurable amount anyway. 

I do see the shares submitted on my end, however they weren't enough to earn anything. Your PC is putting up about 54H/s right now, which isn't much in the grand scheme of things. Have you rebooted your computer after mining for the first time? Doing so usually greatly improves your computer's output.

I've also changed your assignment to use a different miner (Stak, vs. XMRIG you were using). You have a Radeon 8280, so I'm going to put that to work for you.

• Like 1

The scoreboards are not in real-time (they're refreshed across a 6 hour interval), and won't show anything until you've earned a measurable amount anyway. 

I do see the shares submitted on my end, however they weren't enough to earn anything. Your PC is putting up about 54H/s right now, which isn't much in the grand scheme of things. Have you rebooted your computer after mining for the first time? Doing so usually greatly improves your computer's output.

I've also changed your assignment to use a different miner (Stak, vs. XMRIG you were using). You have a Radeon 8280, so I'm going to put that to work for you.

Not yet, however thanks for the suggestion. I will do that.

Actually I have another problem here. I have it all this time activated (since I read your suggestion and posted) however it has not generated anything, and it prompts that an NVIDIA driver is missing; however I do not use NVIDIA or have any NVIDIA device/graphic card.

Edited by pctips

The NVIDIA message is normal, it's because you don't have one. If you were using NVIDIA stuff, you'd have an AMD device missing error instead  :P It's configured to use both, and the one that you don't have errors out by design. I've also switched you back to the other assignment because the one I moved you to is producing zero anyway though.

What kind of processor does your PC have? PCs older than about 2012 won't produce anything meaningful simply because they're too slow. Servers can go back a little further, but are so inefficient that donating is a better route.

We have another user who's been trying to run this on his older PC with very limited success as well.

The NVIDIA message is normal, it's because you don't have one. If you were using NVIDIA stuff, you'd have an AMD device missing error instead  :P It's configured to use both, and the one that you don't have errors out by design. I've also switched you back to the other assignment because the one I moved you to is producing zero anyway though.

What kind of processor does your PC have? PCs older than about 2012 won't produce anything meaningful simply because they're too slow. Servers can go back a little further, but are so inefficient that donating is a better route.

We have another user who's been trying to run this on his older PC with very limited success as well.

My laptop Model is Lenovo G50-45

My CPU is AMD A4/A6.

That explains it...AMD A-series :( Most of those are junk for mining, also explains why the "video card" didn't really produce anything...it's not really a video card, just the APU representing itself as both an CPU and GPU (aside from a few compute cores, they share the internal resources of the chip, so mining on one half starves the other).

You'll be better off just donating due to electric costs.

HelioMine's minimum requirements are the same as those of its parent product RGS shown below:

• CPU: Intel Core i-series 4th gen or up, AMD FX-series, Ryzen, or Threadripper recommended, older CPUs and all-in-one processors may be compatible at reduced performance.
  • RAM: 4GB RAM minimum, 8GB recommended
  • OS: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit (HelioMine has a linux version too)
  • Network: 2Mbps or faster continuous network connection required
  • Video: Optional nVidia GTX 10xx-series or AMD RX-series recommended, older cards may be compatible at reduced performance.
    • Intel Integrated GPUs, AMD A-series APUs, devices without drivers installed ("Standard VGA Graphics Adapters"), and USB Video Adapters are not supported.

We usually recommend mining on gaming rigs and enthusiasts PCs with tons of RAM, dedicated CPU and GPU, etc.

Yeah, over in the HelioMine Beta thread I posted:

The newest version of HelioMine Linux is updated to support turtlecoin. To uninstall the old version just delete heliomine.sh, heliomine.conf, and any subdirectories:

rm -rf heliomine.sh heliomine.conf xmr-stak aeon-stak-cpu xmr-stak-cpu
To install the new version:

wget https://krydos.heliohost.org/heliomine.sh && chmod 755 heliomine.sh
To run it:

./heliomine.sh
When you want to stop the miner press ctrl-c once.

Since this is a pretty major update I need some people to test it out before we make a news post about it or anything like that. It should support any 64 bit distro that is based on Ubuntu/Debian, but I've only tested it on a few different computers. Let me know if anything is acting weird.

Source: https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/30550-heliomine-beta/?p=149236

Yeah, over in the HelioMine Beta thread I posted:

The newest version of HelioMine Linux is updated to support turtlecoin. To uninstall the old version just delete heliomine.sh, heliomine.conf, and any subdirectories:

rm -rf heliomine.sh heliomine.conf xmr-stak aeon-stak-cpu xmr-stak-cpu
To install the new version:

wget https://krydos.heliohost.org/heliomine.sh && chmod 755 heliomine.sh
To run it:

./heliomine.sh
When you want to stop the miner press ctrl-c once.

Since this is a pretty major update I need some people to test it out before we make a news post about it or anything like that. It should support any 64 bit distro that is based on Ubuntu/Debian, but I've only tested it on a few different computers. Let me know if anything is acting weird.

Source: https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/30550-heliomine-beta/?p=149236

I am facing some problem..Please check https://www.helionet.org/index/topic/30550-heliomine-beta/?p=151552