[Solved] Does archiving affect my website?

hirikgg

The only thing that it does is cause it to go down. The account basically gets packed into a zip file and put away. When the archive is restored, your account gets unpacked and put back the way it was before archiving and starts working again.

We don't officially offer any way to prevent the archiving other than logging in, which is a bit difficult since you don't have regular internet access.

Lets see what Krydos says about this.

We've been planning on implementing a new system where monthly donors would be exempt from needing to log in to cpanel. If you want to set up a recurring monthly donation of at least $1.00 USD you won't need to log in anymore.

@hirikgg: You do realize Byet does the same thing right? (Except they don't let you restore it, they just delete it permanently)...I think there's 90 days before it happens though.

(Note I am biased: Byet was my host before I discovered HH...horrible all the way around which is the whole reason I ended up here, kept trying to sell me crap and wouldn't let me use email and sockets).