Windows XP

microsuck is stopping production of XP at the end of the month! so if you want it

get it while its still available! my guess is they are going to try pushing that sorry

excuse for an OS vista cause its doing horrible, before they release 7, which is

supposed to be the real vista.

cheers!

I have Vista and I haven't encountered any problems. :)

Although I must admit, that Windows XP SP2 is far better than Vista.

HUh?

I indeed feel Vista is better than XP, in terms of beautification, design, luxuries and sensation.

Of course, not from the aspect of RAM and HD space used.

Personally, I would prefer sensation more than function. Hence I'll support Vista AERO!

If you want to get the vista look for free google Vixta.

Though I havn't used vista yet, I don't see anything wrong with it (except bad default settings). I don't need transparent windows and pseudo bubbles and flowers (I don't see how it helps me). I dualboot debian and xp. I like my set up just fine.

Joe

IMHO, XP was decent in terms of a modern OS. Vista, in its current state, downright sucks. Apart from the crashing, the new GUI is too "user-friendly" and the "security measures" (Asking you to run/configure anything) just slow me down. There's no flexibility in Vista that I feel in Linux and, to an extent, XP.

I don't see what's so bad about vista. You just have to configure it. After you do that, you can optimize its ram and hd options, along with security stuff and it works ok. I feel that it's actually very similar to xp, just a little better looking.

fundamentaly theres only a few things wrong with vista, the fact of the matter tho is that microsoft

keeps breaking it, plus what it was supposed to be was this crazy new thing and all they did was

load it down with a whole bunch of unnessicary crap that bogs down ram and the hdd. and if youre

looking to beautify xp there are ways of doin it without having to resort to programs that eat your

ram, aka window blinds, desktop x, etc... check out this pic of my DT...

i thk im gonna bypass vista all together, seven is going to be vista with out all the memory issues

and hopfully mostly debuged lol. there was so much i was looking forward to with vista and MS let

me down completely <_< the only plus to it is DX10 which not many games use yet, and by the

time they do seven will be out :blink:

I guess you are right sungazer. I still say there is nothing wrong with Vista, but some stuff is unnecesary or undesirable. It does basically the same thing as xp, just a little less effeciently for ram and hdd. Very nice desktop, by the way...