Photo

is it possible to install and use ffmpeg?

ffmpeg videos

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 roguitar

roguitar

Rank II Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:59 PM

Hello, I am trying to implement a tube website and I'd like to know if it's possible to install and use ffmpeg. If so, how can I do this? Is there any tutorial that can teach this? Thank you very much. :rolleyes:

#2 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 11,204 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:25 PM

I wouldn't recommend it because it usually results in you ending up suspended for high load. Our servers don't really have the resources to be doing video conversions.

Please do not PM me for support. Posting on our forums lets all of us learn.
Do you play Minecraft? | Server Monitors | And the Dumbass of the Decade award goes to...

#3 roguitar

roguitar

Rank II Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:28 PM

I wouldn't recommend it because it usually results in you ending up suspended for high load. Our servers don't really have the resources to be doing video conversions.

My website is only for test. I will not upload or allow users to upload a lot of videos. Even so, is it impossible?

Edited by roguitar, 20 August 2018 - 07:38 PM.

#4 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 11,204 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:33 PM

It's actually already installed if you're on Tommy, there's just no good way to use it since we don't allow shell access or exec().

Python and the like may be able to use it, but I'm not familiar with those languages.

Do you play Minecraft? | Server Monitors | And the Dumbass of the Decade award goes to...

#5 roguitar

roguitar

Rank II Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:33 PM

It's actually already installed if you're on Tommy, there's just no good way to use it since we don't allow shell access or exec().

Python and the like may be able to use it, but I'm not familiar with those languages.

I am on Ricky. Do you mean then I can't use shell access or exec()?

#6 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 11,204 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:40 PM

Correct. No shell access. No exec() or related functions in PHP. All of them are disabled and will throw an error if you try. Python may still be able to run it though...I've never tried.

Also, I'm not sure if ffmpeg is even installed on Ricky. I only know its on Tommy...

#7 roguitar

roguitar

Rank II Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:22 PM

Correct. No shell access. No exec() or related functions in PHP. All of them are disabled and will throw an error if you try. Python may still be able to run it though...I've never tried.

Also, I'm not sure if ffmpeg is even installed on Ricky. I only know its on Tommy...

Oh, thanks. I will study more about Python.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ffmpeg, videos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users