Add Patreon to donation options

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stefanke

stefanke

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:34 PM

The main advantage that patreon has is that it only allows recurrent payments. Basically you could offer transferring into the tommy server as a reward and promise improvements when donation goals are reached. Another advantage is that it displays how much and how many people are willing to donate for your services and since it is a third party service they know those numbers are real.

#2 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 16,702 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:45 PM

We looked at it in the past and decided against it because their fees are really high compared to what we use now. I suppose we can take another look to see if their fees are more reasonable yet.

#3 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 8,936 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:09 PM

They actually just hiked them in September 2017. They apparently don't want to deal with people contributing < $5/month, so they changed their fee structure to penalize users who pledge less than $5/month (these tiny donors now get to pay even more in fees...).

I suppose it wouldn't be bad for larger donors, but I'm not aware of any recurring larger ($5+) donors beyond maybe 1 or 2 users. Would the aggravation of setting this up be worth it for these people?

#4 Bailey

Bailey

Rank VIII Member

• Web Developer
  • 750 posts
  • Interests:Coding, duh..

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:32 PM

Maybe Selly.gg might be a good idea.

I've been on HelioHost for a little while now and have developed some of the web services. I use PHP, JavaScript, CSS, HTML, Python & more to develop my websites and apps over at Bailey.guru.
I maintain the wiki, GitHub and the Discord server along with other projects located on GitHub.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users