Questions About Namecheap Affiliate Link and (Possible) Bulk Hosting Donation

dev0x0

So I was perusing through the "How You Can Help" subforum, and I found the "Buy A Domain From Namecheap" topic. I figured I'd want to have a domain for some projects I'll be poking at in my spare time, and I'd be supporting HelioHost even more.  :D  I'll cut straight to the chase:

Is the affiliate link still valid? As in, if I buy a domain from Namecheap, does HelioHost still get a cut? The topic is a little over a year old, and I figured if it isn't, then I would look elsewhere for purchasing a domain. If it's still valid, I'll be paying for the domain on a year-to-year basis. (No sense investing in a domain I may or may not use past a year.) Also, this brings me to my next question...

Can I donate $60 for a years worth of HelioHost hosting? (12 months x $5) Or would it be easier/convenient just to pay $5/month?

Thanks in advance for any and all answers! :)

Thanks for the prompt response! :)

So I've picked out my domain name and now I have 2 extras I can get with it: PremiumDNS and PositiveSSL. Should I buy those along with my domain? I understand the difference between the two and what they offer, but are they compatible with HelioHost? (Sorry if that isn't the right term... I really don't know how to word it.)

I think the ssl certificate is compatible if you wanted a real certificate that's not from Comodo/cpanel, but I've never used it.

The dns option is NOT compatible with our service (or isn't supported anyway, though it may be possible to make it work, we don't officially support any configuration using a third party dns provider).