Media Players

What media player do you use  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use windows media player for most everything. I use itunes for buying and listening to bought songs and songs I want to put on my ipod. I use realplayer for everything else or things that are not compatible with windows media player.

By the way, it's spelled iTunes, not i Tunes or I-Tunes.

Anyway, that's what I use. Everything else sucks.

You know, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but putting other people's choices down (by saying their media player sucks) is bad. It's very Fan-Boyish. I personally hate iTunes, it's a memory hog, and doesn't do everything I want it to. I personally love Winamp, yea winamp uses alot of memory but not as much as itunes or windows media player. So I could go on to say that iTunes sucks, but it doesn't, it's a very good media player, it just doesn't work for me.

You know, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but putting other people's choices down (by saying their media player sucks) is bad. It's very Fan-Boyish. I personally hate iTunes, it's a memory hog, and doesn't do everything I want it to. I personally love Winamp, yea winamp uses alot of memory but not as much as itunes or windows media player. So I could go on to say that iTunes sucks, but it doesn't, it's a very good media player, it just doesn't work for me.

Hear Hear.

Fanboyism shouldn't be tolerated on fora.

Winamp is very sweet, reminds me of xmms.

That shows that you clearly haven't tested much else. iTunes does not support .ogg (ogg vorbis) or .mkv or any of the other filetypes I commonly use. I prefer .ogg to .mp3 and shouldn't have to download a codec for an increasingly standard filetype. That's why I use VLC for video/audio playback and Winamp for audio playback.

I haven't tried Zoom but I hear it's even better than VLC. I'll have to see if it cuts down on video ripping when fast forwarding. If it does, it'll be my new program of choice.

PS: Steve Jobs is not God.

• 2 months later...
Wow, Real Player is still around?

I remember the days when the market was cut between WMP and Real Player.

Yeah, it is. It'll never regain the market share that it used to have, though.

That was back when Real Player didn't try to take over your computer. \o/

• 3 weeks later...