Media Players

What media player do you use  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prefer WMP interface.... but not it's function.

I will play all media with it, only .rm, .rmvb with RealPlayer.

But I've got another universal player + convert.

Try to go for JetAudio if you all haven't heard about it.

Not a bad choice.

I've used a number of them, but never VLC, I'll have to check it out someday.

I'm currently using Totem Movie Player and Rhythmbox Music Player on Fedora. This is what gets installed by default and I just decided to go with them since they do the job. I've also used mplayer which I thought was decent. The non-open source players would be Windows Media Player and Real Player. I haven't used Real Player in quite some time. It's not that I didn't like it, just never reinstalled after a rebuild. I did install iTunes once, but didn't see the need to keep it around and so I removed it.

I used to love Winamp, but ever since they stopped XM radio service I switched back to WMP since it's simple and doesn't eat too much RAM.

I like VLC because it doesn't seem to have the codex problems that some of the others seem to have. WMP doesn't work right on my pc...it only goes to about half of my pc's potential volume, so that pretty much rules that out. I actually tried media monkey for awhile, but it just didn't suit me.

EDIT: whoops, I forgot about Quintesential medial player. That's my favorite audio player. It never seems to have any problems

I-tunes, goes seemlessly with audio, that and an ipod compel me to use it.

Videos on the other hand i am not really impressed with the products i've used thus far, it seams the higher they climb on the version ladder, the more complicated and unsolvable the problems they produce.

Whats up with that?

I do know one thing though.

I *HATE* (With passion, i cant stress this enough) windows media player.

Its *TOO*(again stressing) taxing on my resources.

I simply cannot see how MicroSocks justifies a user waiting 10 minutes to watch a 2 minute video. (maybe a little exagerated, but that's how it feels. ;)

Currently down to 128 from 512 from 1024,

Dont laugh, i've been having computer problems.

edit: MY experience with Windows media player hasn't been nice, i got frustrated and left, thats all.