Media Players

What media player do you use  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
What the heck is VLC? I use Windows Media and iTunes. I don't get the point of iTunes without an iPod.

VLC, it's a video/media player. Something easy to google, no? iTunes is actually decent, but now with the Apple update software, it keeps asking me to download safari. Bleh.

• 2 weeks later...
I use iTunes for audio and VLC for the rare case where I am watching non-online video.

Same, as I don't watch videos on my iMac G3, as it has an non-upgradeble 8mb Graphics card. And since Mac OS X comes with iTunes, I didn't feel like getting a different one

foobar2000, because I'm an audiophile. It can handle any audio codec, any codec profile, can provide spectrals of audio and bit sample rate as well as custom output control and mix management. Works with a COM automation server and CWB hooks. Fully integrated ripping and converting utility, playlist manager, and ID3 tagging standard support. Wholly customizable and skinnable with an extensive developing API. Oh, and it weighs in at around 7000kb as far as ram is concerned.

Winamp has nothing on that.

QUOTE (raccess @ Nov 11 2008, 05:04 PM)

What the heck is VLC? I use Windows Media and iTunes. I don't get the point of iTunes without an iPod.

VLC, it's a video/media player. Something easy to google, no? iTunes is actually decent, but now with the Apple update software, it keeps asking me to download safari. Bleh.

VLC is probably one of the most efficient media applications out at the moment, It is a free cross-platform media player

and it supports a good amount of multimedia formats including .SWF file extensions (Flash), without the need for additional codecs.It can also be used as a streaming server, with extended features (video on demand, on the fly transcoding.)

I have a Samsung P2 and it comes with EmoDio management software which is really great. This is the best mp3..let me restate, multimedia player ever. Still not convinced? Well it's touchscreen, has an FM radio, much cheaper than an iTouch, has video, music, custom themes which you can download or make, and much more. Oh, and did I mention how great the sound quality is? There a built in equalizer too.

Head on over to emodio.com to check out more about this player/software.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...