Firefox 3!

A show of hands, who here has Firefox 3?

I think 6/17 was firefox download day, where they tried to get the most downloads per 24 hours ever.

I'm on firefox right now, the new system is brilliant. IE7 is dead.

Any thoughts?

Does anyone know if the 'memory leak' has been fixed in this release? If so, FF 3 is made of win.

I've always been a major firefox guy...or at least for a couple years. However, whenever I try to download something with the built in download feature, as soon as it completes, firefox deletes the file! I couldn't figure out what was going on so I just used one of Firefoxes other great features(add-ons; flashgot) to download my files. So, maybe I just got a buggy installation and the downloads will work once I get around to reinstalling it.

*hands goes up in the air*

I've always been a major firefox guy...or at least for a couple years. However, whenever I try to download something with the built in download feature, as soon as it completes, firefox deletes the file! I couldn't figure out what was going on so I just used one of Firefoxes other great features(add-ons; flashgot) to download my files. So, maybe I just got a buggy installation and the downloads will work once I get around to reinstalling it.

*hands goes up in the air*

Maybe you should change the location of where you are downloading things. The default is the desktop. What OS are you running?

Does anyone know if the 'memory leak' has been fixed in this release? If so, FF 3 is made of win.

I haven't had any problems with it, and I'm using the minefield version. -_-

I'm running Vista. I'm not sure what the default was, but anyway, it goes to a folder on my C drive called downloads. If I open up my downloads dialog, and then right click a download, the open and open containing folder are grayed out. I've watched it happen before. I would download something, open up the folder and watch it disappear right out of the folder as soon as the download completes...it's weird...

Thanks for the input, Frankie. None of that worked...but, like I said, the Flashgot addon is so nifty for downloading that it really doesn't matter that much. It's just kind've weird...

I'm running Vista. I'm not sure what the default was, but anyway, it goes to a folder on my C drive called downloads. If I open up my downloads dialog, and then right click a download, the open and open containing folder are grayed out. I've watched it happen before. I would download something, open up the folder and watch it disappear right out of the folder as soon as the download completes...it's weird...

What's this about right clicking? Why not left click?

If you want to try to reset all the firefox settings, which will most likely fix any bugs you have. Try deleting C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\ .

I only omitted left clicking because whenever I left click it doesn't do anything. Nor when I double left click. Anyway, I uninstalled firefox, then re-downloaded it and installed it and everything seems to be working fine.