[Solved] Need help

thorast

Freenom has suspended one of my domains for no reason, they don´t advice or notice me anything.

So now i buy a domain with Strato, but i have a problem, they don´t allow to change name servers.

I have to change the configuration of DNS, and i don´t know how to do this.

They ask me for this:

Register A

Register AAAA

Register MX

Register TXT (included SPF y DKIM)

Register SRV

Dynamic DNS

Please need help to know how to configure this to point to Heliohost.

Please is very urgent, i have my domain down, i need to do a lot of changes right now.

I am looking how to configure the DNS manually, and i don´t want to do this bad, can you help me a bit?.

I am looking this manual of Strato, it is in english

I speak better in Spanish and all configuration is in English so please help me to understand, perhaps it is possible to configure name servers changing some setup?

https://www.strato.com/faq/en_us/article/1835/What-settings-can-I-configure-in-the-Dynamic-DNS-DynDNS-configuration-dialog.html

I don´t understand how to configure it.

record A: 65.19.143.6

record AAAA: 65.19.143.6

record MX:   own server? or strato mail server?, i thing own server then what server? and priority?

Registros TXT y CNAME incluidas las configuraciones DKIM

registers TXT y CNAME inlude DKIM 

how to fill? this is ok?

"v=spf1 redirect=spf.dominioabsoluto.net"

register SRV, how to fill?, is necesary?

https://www.strato.com/faq/en_us/article/1827/What-settings-can-I-make-in-the-NS-Record-configuration-dialog.html

From the looks of the pictures in the above article, to use a personal name server, you can just select "personal name server" and enter ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org in the address 1 and address 2 boxes.

After that, go into cpanel and add an alias or addon domain for the new domain so cpanel knows what it is.

Hello Wolstech and thank you for the help, the problem is that the option for change NS record it is not possible, only in subdomains, so i made a subdomain, for example:

one.mydomain.es

then option NS record it is enable and i can use ns1.heliohost.org. and ns2.heliohost.org.

so now i don´t know how to do for all request to one.mydomain.es go to mydomain.es

i don´t know how to configure the domain and the subdomain properly or if i need only configure one or both, 

What to do? i am lose :(

Edited by thorast

I have added my subdomain of my domain in heliohost

Now i thing i can redirect all traffic of the subdomain to the main perhaps in .htaccess?

And what to do with the domain register dns?

If i change a record with the ip from heliohost then if you go to mydomain then you se helihost page saying "Ahoy! You're seeing this page because HelioHost has not gotten about to installing and configuring your account yet. This process usually takes 24 hours, and once it is complete your website should show up properly. While the account is being created we suggest taking a look at your control panel."

is this normal?

I add a picture of my control panel in strato, sorry i can´t change languaje to english, fuck stratos service,i don´t wan´t to work more with they.

post-149642-0-18510700-1540545679_thumb.jpg

Hello Wolstech and thank you for the help, the problem is that the option for change NS record it is not possible, only in subdomains, so i made a subdomain, for example:

Can you configure the www subdomain, and set the domain itself to forward to the www subdomain?

If not, you can work around it by setting an A record and an MX record pointed to 65.19.143.6 (if on tommy, Ricky is different) and changing your main domain, but a lot of cpanel's features won't work if you configure it this way.

The only proper fix is finding a registrar that complies with industry standards. This is the first time I've ever heard of a registrar that will not allow you to change the name servers for a domain you bought... and I've been doing this since 2011.

Thanks again wolstech, i never see this before neither. 

The domain mx record is a name not a ip, so i don´t know how to fill it.

I think i can transfer the domain to another registrar, but i think i need to wait 2 months before i can do this.

I will try to do lie you said , try to the subdomain work in any form.

Actually i see that freenom not allow me to do new domains, but i had one that can use for this, and they allow me to renew too, so i think the new one that i paid perhaps i will cancel it.

I will try to use it but if i can´t not problem i remove it, only cost 1 E :)

The problem it is that this domain was consolidated, i have a lot work now to fight with google, firefox, extensions, etc.

I want to advice all people that use Freenom, don´t do a lot of domains with same name, don´t abuse doing a lot of domains. This is becouse they suspend me, :(

Have a good day!

You can't force it back to the parent domain because you'll create an infinite loop.

The fun part though is that www. is a perfectly valid subdomain  :P Just redirect domain.com to www.domain.com and configure www with custom name servers. It may act a bit odd on our end (e.g. you may need to use it as your main domain), but it should work until you can transfer the domain.

• Like 1