Posted Yesterday, 05:37 AM

Oh wow i sent that email ages ago... it seems to have just received it. Weird

#32 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 17,162 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:49 AM

No, see how https://afwpe.tk/bazaarcron.txt ends with .txt? That's never going to execute because it's a text file not a script. Do you have a script like afwpe.tk/bazaarcron.php or something like that? Also can you post a link to the documentation for whatever plugin or flarum or whatever you're trying to do?

#33 ibrahim3

ibrahim3

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:18 AM

I honestly have no idea, I’ve never setup cron jobs before since the previous hosts i used simply never allowed them.

Here’s the link:
https://github.com/f...task-processing

#34 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 17,162 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:23 AM

Yeah, that will only work as an internal cron, which is limited to 2 per day.

#35 ibrahim3

ibrahim3

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:26 AM

Ah well that’s a bummer. Any possible way I could modify it or something for it to work externally?

#36 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 17,162 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:16 PM

You would probably need to contact the plugin's author and ask them if they can write a version that doesn't require it to be run on the command line.

It doesn't really sound like this Flarum forum is going to be compatible with any shared hosting services since it seems to require ssh and unlimited cron jobs. Have you considered running it on a vps instead? https://www.heliohost.org/vps/

#37 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 9,358 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:33 PM

It actually would run on a few of the paid shared hosts. For example, I manage an account on 1&1 for somebody and they offer both unlimited crons and ssh...

I don’t know of any *free* provider that can properly run this though.

Please do not PM me for support. Posting on our forums lets all of us learn.

Do you play Minecraft? | Server Monitors | And the Dumbass of the Decade award goes to...

#38 ibrahim3

ibrahim3

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted Today, 07:14 AM

As I’ve previously stated, I’m unable to make online payments. Hence why I’m looking at my free options.

Flarum itself can run just fine on free hosts, it’s just the updating and extension installation that requires all of this nonsense. And I honestly don’t understand why it needs unlimited cron jobs, it’s not like you’re going to install an extension every minute... it just doesn’t make sense!

#39 ibrahim3

ibrahim3

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted Today, 07:25 AM

I setup the 2 free crons yesterday, and now i see that it works. It’s just that I have to wait for the next cron to run before the extensions queued for installation are actually installed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users