[Solved] Java deployment errors on Tommy (gebets)

gebets

"Java deployment failed with errors. For further information please contact support"

Gebets.

Trying to deploy the same war file that has been unchanged on the sever for several months and deployed fine previously. I am seeing the above message, please can someone provide more details.

Strange, I've tried deploying a couple of times in the past 24 hrs via cpanel/Java and on both occasions I've had the contact support error. I'll uplift local tomcat versions locally for consistency. Thanks for redeploying.

I've installed tomcat 9.0.12 locally and am not having any issues deploying my war file. It is a really simple web app consisting of just a single servlet to provide some admin functionality.

I've tried re-deploying my war via cpanel 3 times this afternoon and each time I'm hit with "Java deployment failed with errors. For further information please contact support"

The error the deployment was giving was

13-Dec-2018 04:19:01.793 SEVERE [http-nio-8080-exec-26] com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerResponse.mapMappableContainerException The exception contained within MappableContainerException could not be mapped to a response, re-throwing to the HTTP container
 java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
I restarted Tomcat and it deployed fine after that. I suspect someone else's .war is crashing the system by using up too many threads or memory. This is the same issue we had on Tomcat 8.5. When I have some time I'll try to figure out who.