Other Discussion Points

Ashoat

Other Discussion Forum  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it would also be beneficial if points weren't given out for movie reviews. You did say that you were trying to attract a more mature/professional crowd. I really don't think that a thread on every movie ever made is going to help. Those types of threads are just made so people can make posts simply for helions.

Since this is a web hosting forum I think that threads should be about web-development/hosting/design and maybe a few other intelligent subjects.

djbob, can't you just take away a point system in certain forum sections like f.kl and Krazypoints? Or is my mind left me completely. (meaning that never happened)
That's pretty much what I did.

I think it would also be beneficial if points weren't given out for movie reviews. You did say that you were trying to attract a more mature/professional crowd. I really don't think that a thread on every movie ever made is going to help. Those types of threads are just made so people can make posts simply for helions.

Since this is a web hosting forum I think that threads should be about web-development/hosting/design and maybe a few other intelligent subjects.

I see what you mean, but that's kind of hard to implement. Either mods would have to manually detract the points from movie reviews, or we would have to make a seperate forum for movie reviews, or we would have to have some sort of complex parsing engine that would recognize movie reviews.

• 2 weeks later...
About helions if you disable them then people like me that are working for a helio host and a domain for it will not get one because they disabled helions

Your spam hurts my eyes, please quit it.

@empjoe

1. If by heliohost you mean a hosting account, I'm pretty sure/positive that it's free now.

2. If I understand it correctly, the system is changing so that people who deserve domains can still get them--just without helions. They just need to have five hundred posts.

@Wizard

But he's working sohard! "people like me that are working" Ha! He's got SIX whole posts.

I feel kinda bad though. I'm pretty sure I used to spam--at least a little bit.

You certainly want to be a mod, don't you?

I got school starting tomorrow...:(

Makes me sad. No time for modding for me--not that I want to anyway. I may not even be able to log on every week, let alone every day like I do now... I guess it'll be nice having a life again..