Domain redirects to heliohost URL

lsu

Hi,

I have two registered domains (kiranagudi.in & kiranagudi.com) that need to point to a single hosting account in Heliohost (kiranaa). I have configured both my domains in GoDaddy account to point to the heliohost nameservers.

In cpanel, I have configured 'Addon Domains' for both these to point to the 'public_html' directory. However, when I use either of the domain names (www.kiranagudi.in or www.kiranagudi.com) to reach the website, I get redirected to the Heliohost URL (kiranaa.helihost.org) instead of retaining the domain name in the address bar. I have tried configuring Aliases instead of Addon Domains, but that works the same.

Regards

Kiranaa  

If you point the addon to the public html folder, they're going to show the same content by design and are functionally identical to an alias. If they need to show different content, create a new folder inside public html and select that folder instead when creating the addon domain.

If they're supposed to show the same content, then it's configured correctly and the software you're using is causing that redirect. (Wordpress is known for it for example). You would need to get assistance with the software from whoever makes the software.

By the way, something on your site (kiranaa.helihost.org) is serving browser hijack malware...I'm on an iPad and got redirected to a scam site 3 different times when I tried to visit your site. Please remove this ASAP or your account will get suspended for serving malware.

Thank you for the prompt response. It could be WordPress that I am using. Will investigate on how to resolve this.

Regarding the hijack malware, I am surprised. I am using only the WordPress software and one of its plugins. I did a scan on my local website, a copy of which I have uploaded, and I have nothing reporting that it has malware. I also used 3 online scanners to check the website, and they too reported nothing. Are you sure this is happening from my website?

Yes. Three different visits all got me the same scam page earlier. It appears to be a poisoned ad of some kind. At the moment it is now redirecting to a random page. I got realtor.com the first time, and malware the second time (fake flash player update).

It's worth noting that Wordpress is infamous for this sort of issue. It has the worst security of any content management system out there, and there are also tons of malicious themes and plugins available for it. We usually recommend our users not use Wordpress for this reason, as it's a leading cause of malware infection.

I would recommend deleting your Wordpress installation and finding another product to use.