How to revert back to default domain name

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 saadedd

saadedd

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:25 PM

My domain was recently taken down (freenom.com is the worst ever. Never using their services again) and i was to revert to the domain that is first suggested (prisme.heliohost.org)

How can I do so

Thanks

#2 Krydos

Krydos

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 17,316 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:45 PM

Welcome to the club. Freenom does that all the time. You can login at https://www.heliohost.org/login/ and then click the button labeled “Change main domain”. I just went ahead and changed it for you though.

#3 saadedd

saadedd

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:37 PM

it redirects me to the old domain (prisme.cf) which no longer points to your nameservers (?)

#4 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 9,564 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:04 PM

That's probably your software. A lot of programs like Wordpress will redirect you if you visit it from the 'wrong' domain, so you may need to change a setting or edit the database to update the domain name.

To prove it, you can rename your index.php file, if the redirect goes away, your software is to blame.

Please do not PM me for support. Posting on our forums lets all of us learn.

Do you play Minecraft? | Server Monitors | And the Dumbass of the Decade award goes to...

#5 saadedd

saadedd

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:11 PM

late reply but if i change it again from http://www.heliohost.../scripts/domain will it be free an other account be able to register it?

I am planning on deleting this account and starting fresh

#6 wolstech

wolstech

Rank X Member

• Root Admin
  • 9,564 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:53 PM

If you delete your account, it should free itself. It may take a few hours to fully delete though.

Please do not PM me for support. Posting on our forums lets all of us learn.

Do you play Minecraft? | Server Monitors | And the Dumbass of the Decade award goes to...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users