How do I configure mod_mono on Windows

sagnik

Okay! Where can I get the source code of mod_mono for 64bits I've found one for 32bits but can't find the 64bits version. Suppose I've successfully found the 64bits version of mod_mono and built it, will it be compatible with the mono version I have? And can I use Visual Studio to build it?

And as my mod_mono configuration working by starting the server manually, why all the aspx pages shows a 404 error of ASP.NET which is thrown by Mono not Apache it means the Mono is working as you can see it here: https://imgur.com/a/AxSNJcW?

The source is usually the same for both versions. It's how its compiled that determines the platform. Honestly though, for testing the 32-bit version should work fine. The bigger issue is that nobody has actually fixed the bugs in the code for Windows (hence the App Data issue) since nobody uses Mono on Windows, so the odds of it compiling successfully on Windows are probably close to nil, let alone building from source actually working. The Windows builds for the actual server that I've seen online were actually built targeting Windows using a Linux box. If you don't know advanced coding, you likely won't be able to get this working. 

They're throwing errors because probably due to a path issue somewhere in your configs. You have to remember that Mono and Apache have different document roots and ports. For example, Apache and Mono need to both understand that a request for "localhost/aspxapp/test.aspx" is actually "localhost:2000/test.aspx"

The easiest way to go about this is probably to cut out Apache entirely and just do the ASPX coding on Mono's server directly. A well-written program shouldn't need both anyway since it should all be in one language. You said you had to do ASPX for a specific reason, so I'd just use Mono for that purpose and leave everything else (PHP, etc.) separate. It will solve all of your issues except the App Data folder (which may or may not be an issue anyway, beyond the log errors).

I ended up doing this when building our IIS server. It was supposed to be IIS behind Apache, but the Apache part caused so many issues it was determined to not be worth it and IIS is now just directly exposed online. Users who deal with Java have similar problems behind Apache, though for different reasons. I seriously don't recommend using Apache as a wrapper for other servers if it can be avoided.

Okay. But the 404 error is thrown on both whether accessing the hello.aspx from localhost/hello.aspx or 127.0.0.1:2000/hello.aspx.

Let me try every possible ways first if it all gets failed then I'll switch to Linux. Currently I don't want to do so as the implementation is working but with few minor issues (like the Error 404 which is thrown by ASP.NET), if mono doesn't work then Error 404 should be thrown by Apache instead of ASP.NET. If somehow I able to fix it then everything should work properly.