Priracy. Support it or Hate it.

wee

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I download mp3s *cough* legally *cough*. i dont buy cds. im really strong-opinioned on this one: we are taught to share since we were kids, and now big corporations are saying its illegal? bad.

record companies need to get into the new century. they need to find a way to allow online downloading in a way that current mp3 downloaders would agree to.

haha so true never looked at it like that

• 2 weeks later...

I only pirate music, when they have something like a one-hit-wonder and it isn't worth buying their CD.

Also, I think this is the wrong forum.. Open Source is when you can download a program or script's source code, so that you can edit and compile it on various operating systems, rather than being limited to just Windows.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As an individual, I cannot say I have NEVER pirated a piece of software. But as a principal and someone who has to constantly monitor my school network for licensing violations and downloaded [bleep], I hate it. I spend an inordinate amount of time worrying about such things, which is why I fully support the free and open source communities. Sharing really is a better concept. But as long as we live in a capitalistic world, this will just be something we have to deal with- like it or not. Money is what runs the world.