Help Installing Moodle

sola

Hello,

I have tried to install IOMAD which is an edition of Moodle, but when checking the server information, there are points that have stopped at. I have currently set PHP version to 7.0, but can update to 7.2 if possible.

It was not creating the database, so I tried to install Moodle from cpanel at softaculous, but it stuck for hours on the 95%, but it created the database, I tried to connect IOMAD to Moodle database, the connection is fine, but I could not find barracuda file format for each of the tables, what is available are compact and redundant. So the problem remained the same.

Here are some details of the requests by Moodle & IOMAD

1- The most important point is that it requires Barracuda file format in the MySQL database. Without it, it cannot continue installation.

2- It prefers to have opcashe, I have seen that is was installed in another post and found that it is in php info, but actually Moodle is not identifying that it is enabled.

I am using my account on heliohost with the username sola, the folder of installation in question is at /moodlebase.

Would someone be able to help me in this?

Thanks and best regards,

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the time, effort and money you put into this hosting system, even though that it is slow, but it really provides a place to work and experiment which is in turn very useful.

My problem is while installing Moodle, the installer requested Barracuda file format in the MySQL database, I have described my problem at the forum >> Customer Service >> Help Installing Moodle.

Would you be able to help me?

Is there any details that you want me to provide?

Thanks a lot.

You'll need to install an older version of Moodle. Barracuda is a feature of a newer version of MySQL that we don't run, and as a result it's not supported. It's apparently a very common complaint with Moodle. Even big-name companies like GoDaddy can't run it because of this very non-standard requirement. Moodle is the only program I'm aware of that uses this odd mysql format, and since most hosting providers don't support it, you might be better off finding other software so you don't end up stuck with obsolete versions.

We likely can't upgrade MySQL easily due to cPanel limitations and the risk of breaking everything, but I'll let Krydos advise on that.

Thanks a lot for the time, effort and money you put into this hosting system, even though that it is slow,

You picked one of our slower servers. If you need the fastest server we offer we recommend creating your account on Tommy.

We likely can't upgrade MySQL easily due to cPanel limitations and the risk of breaking everything, but I'll let Krydos advise on that.

We're already using the newest version of mysql that cpanel supports.

Another option is you could run Moodle with the latest version of mysql on a VPS https://www.heliohost.org/vps/ I'd be happy to install it for you.

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I asked in another topic if there is a possibility to update PostgreSQL on Ricky, but it sounds even better to move to Tommy as you suggested. What do I need to do, create another account? Or use the switch server?

I will still appreciate updating PostgreSQL to 9.3 which will help me to install a later version of Moodle.

Thanks and best regards,