Change username

Guest icn

Hi,

I would like to change my username (on cPanel and on the forum) to icn.

My username: hope1

Server: Tommy

My domain: forum.hackdown.me

(I do not need the domain to be changed, just the username)

Is it possible do to so?

Or could you do it for me?

(I just hope that I will still be able to stay on Tommy if I have to delete my account for that)

Edited by hope1

Your forum account has been changed.

Yes, you have to delete your hosting account to change the username. Once your account is deleted let us know and we'll send a Tommy invite to the contact email address of your forum account. Make sure you back up everything first. Also I noticed that your hosting account email is hosted on your account. This is the hosting equivalent of keeping your spare car key locked inside your car. It's not just a bad idea, we actually don't allow it and force people to change their email address when we notice it.

Technically speaking, I have my DNS and e-mail hosted elsewhere, so I shouldn't worry about that (or should I?)

I will delete the hosting account once I've made a backup.

I ran the deletion script right now, and got my backups.

Can you send me the Tommy invite at my e-mail? (I have my DNS and e-mail hosted elsewhere, so this won't hurt. Unless you absolutely want me to change my e-mail... which I really didn't know how to do so on the interface)

Edited by icn

(I have my DNS and e-mail hosted elsewhere, so this won't hurt. Unless you absolutely want me to change my e-mail... which I really didn't know how to do so on the interface)

We don't officially support such configurations, which is why we advise people not to do this, though if this setup is working for you, that's fine.

Just be aware that if you ever need to reset your password and cannot get to the email box associated with the account for any reason, your only option will be to abandon the account and create a new one. You won't be able to delete it or get backups either.

I see AutoSSL has ran, but I do not understand why the certificate only covers www.forum.hackdown.me and not forum.hackdown.me (I do not want the other cPanel domains to be covered)