Microsoft Mohave

Well, since you guys are SO interested in this topic, I thought I'd let you know that it went live yesterday. Check it out at mohaveexperience.com I think...

I can't do it cause my internet's too slow, so let me know what it's like.

I honestly thought I replied to this, I really found this interesting. I seem to be one of the few users that use Vista and don't have any problems with it (one or two, but thats a pretty fair amount).

I liked the clip of the one guy when he is told Mojave is Vista, he pauses then said, "So then why is it faster?" I wanted to hit him.

As far as I can tell, they had very little time to test Vista out for themselves. During my experience with Windows, it's always fast and works properly right after a fresh installation, the problems come when I start installing new software or hardwares.

These sites have also come up on the front page while searching for mojave experiment:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2311

You also never see any of these folks actually try to do something for themselves, so they are basing all their opinions on watching someone else work with Vista

http://www.crn.com/software/209800292

'Mojave Experiment' participant selection committee was probably borrowed from the Jerry Springer show" and, "They must have tried VERY hard to find that many computer illiterate people.

According to the first article, it seems they didn't even get to touch it.

According to the first article, it seems they didn't even get to touch it.
Whatever happened between the start and the end of that "experiment", clearly most of the participants were convinced, even without touching the OS. Outside of them brainwashing or paying off the participants, Microsoft's point looks legitimate.

They must have tried VERY hard to find that many computer illiterate people.
I don't know... 1% were Linux users (which is generally a pretty accurate number). These look like average people to me.

It's about time that Microsoft is actually doing some advertsing, though. People who know nothign about computers have been watching those mac commercials on tv for a long time now and have probably become convinced that mac is better--while Microsoft hasn't done any significant advertising, that I know of...

Of course this is a good first step to actually advertising.

• 1 month later...

I think it's a very interesting thing Microsoft is doing with the Mohave project, of course i can't help but to remind of a very similar "experiment" (also with advertising purposes) that was done with Pepsi and Coca-Cola where people that claimed to be coke drinkers would chose Pepsi and viceversa, i belive it illustrates very well how our preconceived notions, sometimes not even well founded, can actually stop us from trying new things .

• 1 month later...

My opinion on it is that Microsoft needed to test Vista way before they released it. Then they'd discover all the problems there are with it. Also, I like that Mac commercial where the Windows guy is dealing out the money. I found that funny, not that I like Mac or anything. Just their commercials. Anyway, I'm using Vista right now and there's not that many problems with it. It's still a decent operating system. It's hard to find a new computer with Windows XP on it anymore, unless you order it specially.

And who didn't know that Windows Mojave is actually Windows Vista? I'd like to know.

My opinion on it is that Microsoft needed to test Vista way before they released it. Then they'd discover all the problems there are with it. Also, I like that Mac commercial where the Windows guy is dealing out the money. I found that funny, not that I like Mac or anything. Just their commercials. Anyway, I'm using Vista right now and there's not that many problems with it. It's still a decent operating system. It's hard to find a new computer with Windows XP on it anymore, unless you order it specially.

And who didn't know that Windows Mojave is actually Windows Vista? I'd like to know.

No, they just called it Mojave, no branding and such.

Also, I'm sure Microsoft tests its software, problems can come up with *any* software after release. See KDE4. ;) It's just that Microsoft needs to come up with gear fast to stay competitive, and that leads to some fails now and again.

• 4 weeks later...