[Solved] Suspended: stvef

stvef

You were suspended for:

Causing high server load. 159% more cpu than #2. /home/stvef/public_html/servers.php

I am unsuspending you, but make sure you control the CPU Usage of your script as soon as possible or else it might get your account suspended again and it might not be unsuspended again

Edited by yashrs

Thanks, I didn't realize this.  I already pay for a server at cheap-vps-hosting  (on address server1.efservers.online) but lack of time has prevented me from migrating the site and databases, but I think I will move to you as you are just as cheap but they only offer minimal storage that has been causing me problems,  as I run a game server from it (relating to the website - it's a web app for locating and logging Star Trek Voyager Elite Force servers/players and their activity, etc)... I assume there is no issue of using the VPS like this?

Thanks

You can use the entirety of the VPS you buy for pretty much anything that isn't illegal. You get full root access to set it up however you need, and a dedicated ip too, so you can accept incoming connections and the like as well.

Just be aware when you sign up for ours, if you pick the Windows Server options, the license is not included. They come with Microsoft's 180-day trial, after which you need to either purchase a license yourself (about $800) or convert it to Linux.

I'm glad I checked back here first,

I was just about to buy one of your windows server packages... but the licence info is currently a bit of a deal breaker as some custom software to be used on it is windows only, at the moment.

However, Is the licence purchase, allowed to be done elsewhere?,i.e  entering in a licence key, that is purchased elsewhere, for example, there are much cheaper keys available at https://www.softwarekeyclub.com/windows-server-2019-standard-serial-key-p1725124.html

which seems to be legit

Thanks

You can (and actually have to) provide your own license yes. We don't sell licenses. For a normal VPS, the correct license for Server 2016 would be this one: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1B4-003A-00062&Description=windows%20server%202016&cm_re=windows_server_2016-_-1B4-003A-00062-_-Product

You can buy from any source though if you find it cheaper.

In fact, in theory you can choose any OS that will run on Vmware ESXi. You'd just need to supply us with an ISO to attach to the VM. You actually do the install yourself.

Thanks for the quick reply, I will 'request a vpn' now on the link provided by Krydos, how would I go about requesting my databases / website  being migrated over as he said  "We can help you move your site over if you need too.", which would be nice.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I just put a request in, "Your request for a VPS has been submitted. An admin will contact you within 24 hours."

Not sure if you saw my previous post, as you replied (to something else) seconds after I posted a q. Thanks

That service is more for linux users (due the steep learning curve of installing A/M/P on linux if you've never done it before).

We can definitely install Windows for you though. If your database and site are PHP and MySQL, I can install a WIMP stack and set up the content for you provided it supports Windows, but if it's a custom program, you're probably going to be better off installing it yourself since you know more about it (you get remote desktop access to the VPS, so you can install whatever you need).

yeah thats fine, if it can be done  it's the lack of time to do that, which prevented me from doing this already of the other vpn i pay for [putting the webApp on there], the custom program I mentioned is runing on that vpn (it updates the database with new game-server info), and will (have to) move all the stuff on there, over myself.  

Thanks