Problem login to PostGreSQL through phpPgAdmin

milosh

Dear all,

I have a problem login to PostGreSQL database through phpPgAdmin. I successfully created database and accounts for PostGreSQL database. But when I try to log in with created credentials, I'm getting error: Login failed. I tried with several different accounts and one more database, but no luck.

Please advice

Milosh

milosh.heliohost.org

Dear djbob,

Thank you for your action. I was able to connect with accounts created yesterday.

However, new problem arise: "There are no databases associated with your account".

Also, if I try to create a new database from "PostgreSQL Databases", a receive a positive response that the database is created but when I'm back in that menu no databases are associated to my account.

Please advice

Milosh

milosh.heliohost.org

Here's the problem. You probably won't figure out what it means, but I'm keeping you posted anyways ;)

Still talking to cPanel on fixing this problem.

1) cPanel needs to be able to access PostgreSQL. The only way cPanel is able to authenticate is via the "ident sameuser" authentication method, or just using "trust" to allow anyone.

2) PHPPgAdmin needs to be able to access PostgreSQL. The only way PHPpgAdmin is able to authenticate is via the "password" or "md5" authentication methods, or just using "trust" to allow anyone.

3) "Trust" is not an OK configuration because it allows users to access other users' databases.

4) PostgreSQL does not allow multiple authentication methods.

I don't know. Mine works fine ;)

But I think it must work for everyone.

At least I saw other users db's (it's turned off now).

PS And I swear there is no logging for username/password in this installation. But if you are afraid of security don't use it!

PPS djbob. Can you copy this installation on your account? So I can try to login there.

At least I saw other users db's (it's turned off now).
Wait, could you actually access and modify other databases? You can try any database associated with the account "djbob" or "stevie" - they are all dummy databases.

• 2 weeks later...