Moving my site to heliohost

Amoss

Hi

I want to move my site to heliohost.

Currently, the domain in godaddy is pointed to the old namespace.

I moved the files to heliohost and it's working.

Now I want to create an addon domain so when I will change the nameservers in godaddy to heliohost, the domain will point to the relevant folder: stockdiv.heliohost.org/save.me

When creating the addon domain, I got the following error: (XID 77p63e) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Is that mean I can't create the addon domain in heliohost before changing the namespace in godaddy?

Or maybe it's a different problem that I don't understand?

Thanks

Is that mean I can't create the addon domain in heliohost before changing the namespace in godaddy?

Correct. It has to be pointed here before you can configure it. We don't allow you to add domains that aren't pointed here to help prevent abuse. By changing the name servers, you're proving you own the domain.

If you're on Tommy, the downtime is only a few minutes. Domains set up usually in less than 5 minutes on Tommy anyway, so many won't even notice the move. DNS caches pointing to your old server will take longer to expire in many cases than the setup takes.

If you're on Ricky or Johnny though, your downtime can be up to 2 hours. Your website will not function and your users will see a queued page during the setup progress.

At first you have to change your nameservers to:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

Then if your domain parked/hosted in somewhere else than heliohost, you will have to remove the domain from that hosting.

If you done these steps, you can try again adding the domain in addon doamin in heliohost.

I'm on Tommy. I wanted to make sure I understood the steps correctly before changing the DNS so the site will work when the propagation occur.

I have a folder stockdiv.heliohost.org/save.me with the main site and another folder inside it stockdiv.heliohost.org/save.me/stockdiv

So basically, I should:

1) Change the dns names to ns1/2.heliohost.org

2) Add an addon domain

3) new domain name should be "save.me" as the name of the folder.

4) subdomain: "saveme"

5) Document Root is setup automatically based on the domain name/folder

That's it, right?

Thanks