Automation System Completed

Ashoat

Let us all rejoice, for the HelioHost Automated Hosting System is now online! The post-for-host system is now completely automated, in four ways!

• Automated Signup
  • Automated Renewal
  • Automated Expired Account Deletion
  • Automatic Account Expiration Notification
Also, at http://www.heliohost.org/mng_cnsl.php you will find a handy tool that allows you to check your account expiration date! Its in beta phase, so keep in mind to PRESS "LOGIN" instead of just clicking enter on your keyboard. And don't blame me that its ugly. The final version will be integrated with the forums.

As a sidenote, HelioHost has a new web design! Complete with a flash intro and a cool-looking animated flash website.

Hope everyone likes the new improvements.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Djbob - Not exactly following... but thats alright

candyland - You can make payments whenever you like. The added month doesnt start till the current month ends, so it makes no different when you pay. You can even stock up like I did. I'm good till august.

Djbob - Not exactly following... but thats alright

candyland - You can make payments whenever you like. The added month doesnt start till the current month ends, so it makes no different when you pay. You can even stock up like I did. I'm good till august.

What I meant was that there will be a "Hosting Management" button next to the Help, Search, etc. stuff in the header. The thing will be built in over there, and it will look prettier (it will have the standard forum skin applied to it). Also, there will be a thing to change your email or password. If you want to change your email or password, you will have to do it twice, once in CPanel, and once there. That's because the scripts use your email for notification before deletion and the Hosting Management thing uses your password to log you in.

Also, I will have to create a temporary thing to enter in your password. The thing is, the auto-signup system went online later than some of you signed up, so I don't have your passwords in my database. Don't worry, I won't really see your passwords, they will be encrypted.

Yeh, but if I knew your password I could access other things of yours... like maybe your email. And actually, the hosting admin can't access things like databases - CPanel won't let you. However, the admin can always edit the password and log in as the root user, and then access the database, but thats besides the point.

Anyways, I added an error thing that checks if a username is in the database before renewing the account. Yay!! Now all I got left is to spruce up the Hosting Management thing as mentioned earlier.