Automatically Collect Helion Interest!

Jeffrey

I figured out how to automatically collect my Helion interest, so I thought I'd share.

(It may not be possible to do it this way on XP since it uses Vista's Task Scheduler, but I forget if you can schedule tasks on XP)

Step1: Create a html file that automatically collects interest when opened

Create an html file containing the following code, and save it somewhere on your computer.

This file should automatically collect your interest when launched.

<html>
<head>
<script language="JavaScript">
function submitForm(){ document.form.submit();}
</script>
</head>
<body onload="submitForm()">
<form name="form" action="http://www.helionet.org/index/index.php?act=store&CODE=dobank&type=collect" name='bank' method='post'>
<input type='submit' name='collect' value="Collect Interest" accesskey='i' class='forminput' />
</form>
</body>
</html>

Step2: Create a task to launch the html file every day

Open "Computer Management". The fastest way is to type "Computer Management" into the Start menu search box.

On the left side panel, navigate to System Tools -> Task Scheduler.

On the right side panel, click "Create Basic Task".

Type whatever you want for Name and Description.

Click Next.

Ensure "Daily" is selected for how often you want to start it.

Click Next.

Adjust the time to whenever you want to collect your interest.

Ensure it is set to recur every 1 day.

Click Next.

Ensure "Start a program" is selected.

Click Next.

Click Browse and select the HTML file you created in step 1.

Click Next.

Now you have created the task. Feel free to go into properties, and change settings to allow it to do things such as run even if you are not logged on, wake the computer from sleep to execute the task, etc.

Finished: So that's it. Everyday, your computer should, at the specified time, open the html file you created. That file then collects interest and, as a result, opens your HelioNet Bank page. (So you'll have to close the windows that it opens)

Hope it is useful. Please post any thoughts/suggestions here. :)

Ey, why do that?

This forum is great for me and it absolutely worth you awhile to browse all the new posts of the day.

You can get a lot of fresh knowledge here, from programming to science to interesting stuffs daily.

There's no point for you to do that just to collect interest.

Just bookmark it, and everyday when you surf the net, just click on the bookmark, and browse Helio!

Hmmm, hadn't thought of it like that. And I was still planning on browsing the forums, it's just that sometimes I don't get around to it.

I've sent a message to djbob asking if he would like me to remove it and not use it.

[EDIT] Do our posts need approval to get helions? Because I'm not getting any.

The 'other' forum no longer gives helions tongue.gif Check Here

Yay!

I figured out how to automatically collect my Helion interest, so I thought I'd share.

I've figured out a way a long time ago. I didn't share, nor use it, however, because that would be defeating the purpose of the interest system. The interest system is to get you to come to the board at least once a day.