Do we really need Helions?

Ashoat

Helions and the Store  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@JCX, you think it's unfair your losing 15k? I'm losing 1 million, plus 15k plus some more k =P

I'm more concerned about the forums than about some stupid helions.

What I mean unfair, is on the issue that I only posted 330 posts but I've got 15k Helions.

Mathematically, I should have just 3.3k, but I've got 15k, that's unfair. (That's why I said put the blame on me.)

Seriously, the karma was an interesting idea, but that would burden up the job of mods.

If according to what Wizard suggested, I think we should separates into 2 kinds of mods.

1. To view all the posts, determine the quality posts and hence grants the karma. (Chief forum mod)

2. Check all the profiles everyday, and perform moderately tasks like all other mods does. (Chief and Vice forum mod)

That would means, Chief mod will solely control the karma granting of forum under his power.

While Vice mod will assist him to do other tasks together.

Each forum should require 2 mod.

(But do we have that much??)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would find that if you removed it (helions) you are effectively punishing the people staying loyal to Helionet. We have accumulated so many helions because of our dedication. I only have 400 posts or so, yet I have around 120k helions.

@JcX: No, that's not what I meant. The plan I proposed was to have senior members be in charge of karma, and mods in charge of them. This, I hope, would eliminate the need for profile checks altogether. Or at least reduce them to every month instead of every day.

Just get the regulars to do it. Anyone who's Rank 4-5 or higher should have this power. If they've been around long enough to post that much, they can't have spammed all the way there neh? I mean, it seems to me that high ranked members care about the forum, or else why would they have posted so much? Giving them this power would just help them keep their hangout clean of annoying n00bs that spam and flame.

A disciplinary system should be set up for the mods to deal with anyone abusing that power, thus relieving mods of heavy work, yet still making them relevant. Best of all, it keeps the forums clean. Hierarchy ftw.

On another note.. if we go with this system, do the mods still have to go through profiles everyday? :rolleyes: <_<

I meant mods as in modification, not moderators.

After a bit of searching I could only find a reputation mod, but it allows all users to make the rep go down. So I don't know if this is feasible.

http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/6192

I also found a rating mod, it compares itself to the feedback on ebay, but I also don't know if that would work.

http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/8115

Neither of those systems fit the description people have come up with.

There needs to be:

Ability to rate up

Ability to rate down

Limit to rating per post

Restriction of rating abilities to specific usergroups

Note that IPB offers a built-in reputation system, but it doesn't meet those requirements either.

I would find that if you removed it (helions) you are effectively punishing the people staying loyal to Helionet. We have accumulated so many helions because of our dedication. I only have 400 posts or so, yet I have around 120k helions.
But how am I punishing you if the Helions are useless? Also note that I am not OK with you being able to buy 24 domains with only 400 posts. These things cost me money.

Everyone keeps on mentioning how loyal they are because they post so much. I bet if I/you go back and look at your posts at least 50% of them will be on stupid threads like counting to 1,000 and the other 40% will be stating the obvius and non-helpful posts. Maybe 10% of them will actually be good, intelligent posts.

Everyone keeps on mentioning how loyal they are because they post so much. I bet if I/you go back and look at your posts at least 50% of them will be on stupid threads like counting to 1,000 and the other 40% will be stating the obvius and non-helpful posts. Maybe 10% of them will actually be good, intelligent posts.

*pokes* I never said anything about being loyal. I just said that if someone is around to post 500 times, they must have made friends on the forum to stay so long... or maybe they're just a loon. ;)

*pokes* I never said anything about being loyal. I just said that if someone is around to post 500 times, they must have made friends on the forum to stay so long... or maybe they're just a loon. wink.gif

If you make friends by playing games on forums you must be loon ;)

Man, your ideas on the karma system remind me of a site-fantasy I had about a politics centered online community. The community had different political parties that all had their rate on lots of stuff - who they support, what they support and who they give the most rating-power.

I guess that would be complicated.

From a newb I see that many of the members at this forum have a great mentality that helps maintain the site's purposes - which I think is really cool.

I get the impression that the current interest system isn't really helping the site's cause, but ignore me if I appear ignorant.

I never responded when you replied by asking 'what to put in the store'. Maybe you could put some upgraded bandwidths, upgraded storage, and maybe some other stuff (had it in my mind earlier today when the geography teacher was droning on, but can't remember it) along with the domains.

I've now removed Helions and the Store. I'll be adding a forum to request a domain shortly.

Maybe you could put some upgraded bandwidths, upgraded storage, and maybe some other stuff (had it in my mind earlier today when the geography teacher was droning on, but can't remember it) along with the domains.
That would be hard to implement, and I'd prefer to restrict upgraded bandwidth and storage to Ads Unlimited plans.

UPDATE

The forum for domain requests has been created. Everyone who currently holds domains: you will need at least your current post count + 400 posts to renew it. Renewal must be done every year after registration.

Is that means I'll just have to post another 400 more?

but how would you determine whether my posts worthy or spam?

Are you going to implement the karma system or just based on plainly 400 posts?

Alright.

But I'm quite certain that this will be changed in the future

since spamming is quite serious here.

There's no point to waste your $$ to get domains for those spammers

Unless the mods you've set up in the future really control the spam flood well.

:o

I dont visit for a couple of days and this is what you guys do!!! ;)

As for my 2 cents of input,

Store, Bank, interest - Never really bothered with them that much so i cant say i'll miss them.

Helions - Technically arent a good idea from what i can tell from the above posts BUT they did wonders for one's ego. It may be too late now but i think they were quite fun, if you treat them solely as collectables. the kid in me always liked seeing who has the most.

But thats just me. oh well, so long helions.

I like the karma idea, could it work?