Introductions

GameClaw_268

Hi, I'm john. From hellish Malaysia.

Hoping someday can escape from there. LOL

Just apply this hosting to allow my personal web to be unrestricted!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi! i'm a girlllll from the UK with a penchant for electro, graphic design, synthesizers, berets and all-round geekery :)

although i'm confused. i signed up for a website first and then joined the forum. does this mean i can't earn helions?

nah, you're alright. if you're confused, go read over the plans.

As you can see, below your name there, there is

Group: Members

Helions: 10

You're earning it!

Hey guys. I'm Jaded Catalyst, but go by JC. I'm an aspiring young writer but also enjoy experimenting with other forms of media to express myself.

I'm one of the wrst typists in te history of mankind. I'm considered a tomboy, but I aboslutely hate that word. Sarcasm and bluntness are my favorite forms of humor. Some people consider me a strange combination of hippie, rocker, prep, and idealist, and role model. In ym eyes, I don't really know what I am. Oh well.

I've been part of Heliohost for a while, and I love it. I've tried a bunch of other hosts, but so far, Heliohost has been my favorite. Yay!

In closing... Hello everyone!

-JC

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy,

I'm new here. I've done a few websites over the past seven years and after doing a job at a print shop I let it "slip" that I was a webmaster for five years ending early/mid 2000's and the company I am working for has never had a web presence. So, it's gleefully time to fire this up again. Unfortunately, I haven't had a home on the internet in some time and the languages have all improved/advanced/changed and there's loads to learn. Needing to publish and test a password protected snippet of the site I searched for a space that can handle ASP and Frontpage Extensions as well as other things later on....and I give a big YeeHaw landing here. Seeing that I'm putting my bass guitar down and getting my geek on again (changing careers) a personal site will be following soon after but business before pleasure as they say.

Speaking of business and this being the Introductions forum: So far in this life I've been a professional bass player/teacher, Certified Medical Assistant, Sales of many things, Mother of a thus far 13 year old, Webmaster, SysAdmin, Wife of 10 years, gamer since I was 6 years old.

Howdy,

I'm new here. I've done a few websites over the past seven years and after doing a job at a print shop I let it "slip" that I was a webmaster for five years ending early/mid 2000's and the company I am working for has never had a web presence. So, it's gleefully time to fire this up again. Unfortunately, I haven't had a home on the internet in some time and the languages have all improved/advanced/changed and there's loads to learn. Needing to publish and test a password protected snippet of the site I searched for a space that can handle ASP and Frontpage Extensions as well as other things later on....and I give a big YeeHaw landing here. Seeing that I'm putting my bass guitar down and getting my geek on again (changing careers) a personal site will be following soon after but business before pleasure as they say.

Speaking of business and this being the Introductions forum: So far in this life I've been a professional bass player/teacher, Certified Medical Assistant, Sales of many things, Mother of a thus far 13 year old, Webmaster, SysAdmin, Wife of 10 years, gamer since I was 6 years old.

You ma'am, are my hero. Enough said.

Hi everyone!

Im brand new to this place and i thought that HN had one of the coolest ways of

web hosting ive seen. Truly a unique and refreshing idea. :D

Anyway Im 25, male, blah blah blah. I went to a school called Full Sail down in

FL and got a BS in Game Development. Right now im stuck doing some web

design, which I actually find incredibly boring, but it does pay the bills, if only

barely... and I have a few side projects of my own that are keeping me

entertained, even if they are creeping along at an a snails pace. <_<

But anyway I plan on using the site to build a project archive slash independant

developer... thing, and maybe throw up some tutorials or something. :ph34r:

Hi everyone!

Im brand new to this place and i thought that HN had one of the coolest ways of

web hosting ive seen. Truly a unique and refreshing idea. biggrin.gif

Anyway Im 25, male, blah blah blah. I went to a school called Full Sail down in

FL and got a BS in Game Development. Right now im stuck doing some web

design, which I actually find incredibly boring, but it does pay the bills, if only

barely... and I have a few side projects of my own that are keeping me

entertained, even if they are creeping along at an a snails pace. dry.gif

But anyway I plan on using the site to build a project archive slash independant

developer... thing, and maybe throw up some tutorials or something. ph34r.gif

Hi nice to meet you. Longing for your web.

I would like to read more tutorials on anything about web development.

Be sure to put outstanding ones.

Cheers! and welcome!

thx JcX smile.gif

by tutorials i didnt really mean web ones tho lol

games are my special niche, and i dont consider

myself all that great at web development

i checked out your site btw. very elegant. i like it.

Thanks for the credits to my web, it's just simply a personal web. Nothing unique.

And I learnt this all by myself, so I guess that is the best I can do.

That was bad to hear that you're good at games not web. Anyway, still longing for your tutorials.

Cheers!