Introductions

GameClaw_268

Hi, I'm i7 Grendel, and I'm a 17 year old man from the Netherlands. In my spare time, I play video games (PC) and work on my website.

I'm making a website without a specific goal in mind, except for gathering the knowledge and resources to be able to quickly set up the "perfect" website, when the need arises. Currently, it is not much more than a blog with additional functions.

So far, I'm impressed with HelioHost. They have fast servers, cPanel, a lot of "Unlimiteds". If they fix the downtime issue, they are the perfect webhost.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey, i'm pretty new here, took a while to actually get access to my cpanel, but after i did it's been pretty smooth so far (except for setting up a web disk... that just didn't work for some reason, but i got filezilla set up fine)

I'm pretty much a noob here in the web hosting world, hoping to learn more about it through this site and some online websites, not really sure what i want to do with my site yet either but i guess i can just host random crap on there until i think of a real purpose for it ;p

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm Eguias, and this is my first venture into attempting to host or make websites.

I'm at college at the moment, and will try getting one up when I get home. (Am studying a completely different course, so IT is only a hobby)

I wanted to thank Heliohost for giving me the chance to test and learn how to host websites for free. :rolleyes:

Soo.....Thank you HelioHost, for letting me experience how web hosting should be like, and for providing FREE service! (with no strings attached and relatively little and reasonable restrictions :P).

Much Appreciated. ^_^

Am planning to make a review site, and will probably use wordpress to do it....when I learn how to install it (getting there, am a total newbie to hosting). x...x

....I hope I don't break anything while trying to build a website :wacko:

Am planning to make a review site, and will probably use wordpress to do it....when I learn how to install it (getting there, am a total newbie to hosting). x...x

....I hope I don't break anything while trying to build a website :wacko:

If you want to know the easiest/fastest way open cPanel and search for Softaculous. Open that up and search for wordpress. You'll have a working wordpress site in like 2 minutes. Customization might take a bit more time.

Welcome to heliohost!

Hi!

I'm a student from Finland. I think the school I go to is the equivalent of a high school in the US (start at age 16 or 17 and finish at 19 or 20). I have a school course scheduled for later this year that requires me to know HTML and CSS so I went ahead and started learning about them.

Then I figured that I might as well put my experimentation on the net, so here I am.

We'll see what I come up with.

I had a hobby, thaiboxing, but I had to stop because I couldn't afford the gym payments, with driving school and saving up for a car and all that.

Other hobbies... I don't know if video games count as a hobby, but I used to be big into those. Lately not so much for some reason.

I've got a small army of Warhammer 40K space marines, but I rarely get to play.

Sort-of-kind-of photography. I suck at it so much I've actually always deleted the photos I take, but maybe one day. I've also got a photography course at school going on right now. (D3100, in case you're wondering :))

I think that's about it.

Pleasure to be here.

If you want to know the easiest/fastest way open cPanel and search for Softaculous. Open that up and search for wordpress. You'll have a working wordpress site in like 2 minutes. Customization might take a bit more time.

Welcome to heliohost!

Thanks for the tip, Krydos! :D

You just led me to a whole new frontier to explore. :)

*tries not to get overwhelmed with excitement and at the amount of scripts >.<*

Its good to be on HelioHost =D

Hi, My real name is Charly and i am from Argentina. I am a chemical engineer student (just 1 more test and the final project) and my hobby is programming and web desing. I have worked on the xnova (differents spanish versions) opensource project and now i am making a few plugins for flatpress (Flatpress Playground)(a blogging system without database, just flat files) and translating (not literal) a few python tutorials to spanish.

My siteFantasia Games do not have a lot of visits, but i keep the site updated.

i just signed to HelioHost after a lot of time on another free host, and i have to say that helio Host is amazing. (i am using steve)

Not just the faster load speed of my web, and the cpanel with so many software to install (i did not know the half of what you offer). The most attractive feature of HelioHost is the diversity of programming languages ​​and features enabled in them.

I did not change the host of my site before because I expected to finish learning python and django, but due to problems with my previous host I had to change now :rolleyes: .

I do not know the HelioHost team, but keep working just like you are doing now.

i have two question,

1.- on steve is Python enabled?

2.- For the admins of the servers. I now that wordpress use a lot of cpu and ram if you use the normal needed plugins (SEO, Cache, Sitemaps...). I want to ask if it is better a good django (or python) powered site with similar features of wordpress or PHP use less ressources.

I could help with php, mysql, html questions on spanish, but the forums do not have internationals sections.

Sorry if my english is bad.

Best Regars, Charly

Hello everyone! I'm DTVision. I have been for about 6 months in another free web hosting service and one day after a few times i was tired of the crappy service they had. So i search across the Internet and this is definitively THE BEST FREE WEB HOSTING SERVICE I have ever seen and I hope to have a great time here! ^_^

Hello everyone! I'm DTVision. I have been for about 6 months in another free web hosting service and one day after a few times i was tired of the crappy service they had. So i search across the Internet and this is definitively THE BEST FREE WEB HOSTING SERVICE I have ever seen and I hope to have a great time here! ^_^

Welcome to heliohost. We think so too.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see a lot of users are from many cool parts of the world. That's great. I hope to get to know some of you and learn about your cultures as well as share thoughts on computer technology.

I use the sn Xwinuser from when I was a diehard Linux fan (2001 - ). I am a moderate Linux fan now. :) It has its place but I for my main OS I have switched back to the dark side, Windows of course.

X Windows + Ex Windows 98 user = Xwinuser :P

I have 15 years computer related work experience from ISP Call Center Support to Systems Admin to Freelance (my own business) network consultant. I am CompTIA A+ Certified. I have an Associates Degree in Electronics from when 486 (thats the CPU model not the speed. lol) computers were the standard. I am currently working towards my Bachelors in Information Technology - Networking. I have been a trainer at a few work places and have also taught a CompTIA A+ boot camp type class for one company. I like to share the things I learn and also learn from others.