Introductions

GameClaw_268

Right, not really new here -- but I never did Introduce myself.

Better late than never, right?

I am Jerosh. I am here because I made a website for a friend, and needed good hosting without a price tag. Heliohost so far has been perfect for that need. :)

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

My real name is Darren. I'm an independent Programmer/Web Developer. My main skills are JavaScript and PHP. I've been a lurker in this forum for several days and now I decided to sign-up and make my first post. Yay!

Hope I can learn a lot from this community and share my knowledge and expertise as well. I'll try my best to abide by the rules so I can have a long and fruitful stay.

That's all!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, i am krishna, age "reaching 18" and i am from india . I love gaming, learning new things and programming. I also like finearts as like sketching and dancing.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Name is Daniel and I have an IT background with a Masters Degree in Information Technology and over 5 years of experience. My main areas of expereince are Desktop Support, hardware break / fix and System Adminstration. I have experince with not only Windows but with Linux as well.

I like to give back to the IT community by offering IT Help to members of forums like this one without charge. So if you have any IT realted issues ie. Hardware, Software or Windows related feel free to PM me.

When you do PM me try to give as much detial regarding your issue so that I can help you with your issuse as quickly as possible.

Name: Alejandro Country: Venezuela Age:28

Programming experience (moderate): HTML(high), CSS(high), JavaScript(moderate, Php(moderate), Java(needs practice), C++(needs practice)

Skills: Signing, Dancing(latin at last), Leaning languages, crazy thinking

Hobbies: Learning and applying computer related stuff. Teaching English language. Creating ideas

Description about myself: "Hi all, I am taking advante of my time to introduce myself. Right now I am in the waiting for my website to be ready so I can start configuring all the new stuff I have planned. I wish to know more people that are aligned with me and my personal goals. I am self taught. The few stuff i know about programming I had to train myself using internet. In my country we do not have the posibility to use dollars for political reasons I wish not to discuss here so I have to use all the free services that Internet provides until I can reach some success and go on from there. I speak native spanish and fluent English. Im not brad pitt but I like my looks, normal. I am a positive person who knows what I want and I am determine to work for my goals. Some people often come to me to gain knowledge around different subjects like, psicology, politics, economics, math, English, and computer ciences. I read books (I thoght to bring it up since peope just won't read, sad for you people). I am a person with self respect and I believe in sharing and helping other to better yourself as a person in many aspects of life. I wish to share what I can and help others the way I was annonimouly helped by many people over the years that shared their knowledge in forums or tutorial or whatever that got me to where I stand. I love my contry very much and would not change it for the world. It is very understimated but it is one of the best countries in the world for sure. I will try to meet quality people here and I must say that after a long long long long research I ended up here and I am feeling very optimistic about this place"

Greetings. An introduction eh? hhmmm..

My name is Mike, pretty generic and boring, just like me. I am an average guy, nothing really special, however I've a knack figuring things out. I will research before I ask for help, because to me the puzzle is 100% of the fun.

UUmmmm... I am not a 'classic' geek I guess. I was raised on a cattle ranch, but can't change a timing belt. HAHA Everyone would bring me their electronics to fix though, even as a child. When digital clocks were brand new; did I mention I am old :D, I took moms apart to see how it worked. I built a logic probe and followed the signals. She was not impressed at the time, but grew to realize my talent once the shock of her 100.00 clock torn apart on her bed was over.

That's about it. Basic geek life. Single, I play MMO's, read programming manuals like most people read novels. I've a Ruby On Rails book as a 'bathroom' book. However, I still suck at it, but learning.

Happy coding,

EliteDeeds

My name is Arnel, I'm a Filipino and currently 20 years old. My hobby is computer programming and watching anime. I'm currently one of the developers of GNOME Music. My interest in computers started with building websites, then I moved on to computer programming. And now I'm back to building websites :D

I found HelioHost while looking for a good webhost that allows remote MySQL access.

I have experience with Vala (the programming language I use the most), Python (for GNOME Music), JavaScript (websites and previously for GNOME Music too), C, PHP, etc.

I'm currently a BS Computer Engineering college student.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings and salivations to all. I am interested in joining the heliohost community in order to develop a multi-function website, part personal interests, and one part PHP-driven math practice pages for kids. I have dabbled in PERL in the past but am barely acquainted with PHP, so it would be a learning experience for me. :D

I had some trouble with the forum helionet sign-up. It did not send the validation email after 3 requests across about 3 days. It had me in the validating group, so I couldn't post about it. I was on the verge of emailing "contact" about it when I figured out a work-around which finally got me validated on the forums... but I saw on the web-host sign-up that this forum membership is required, so if the emailing of the validation is broken, I have to wonder if helionet is alive and well. Replies appreciated!

I have not yet succeeded in web host heliohost signup, since I was halted with this forum signup validation issue, the one time that Stevie wasn't locked out. I'll try again, but figured I may'z well say hello here first. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...