[Answered] Quick question about uninstalling ecommerce app...

skully

Wasn't paying attention and installed CubeCart in my main directory... no sub folder / sub domain. It rewrote htaccess file during the installation process.

What I need to know is,  if I delete app via Softaculous, I know I'lll need to generate a new htaccess file, but will the uninstall just remove the CubeCart elements/files/database or will it also remove the main directory itself, and/or any of the non Cubecart elements / subdomains in the main directory?

skullythepirate.com is the main directory and I currently have the cubecart store offline.

Thanks!

Edited by skully

When you about to delete the CubeCart app, on the last step of the uninstallation, there are 3 options weather you want to keep the directory, Database, and Database users. By default all of 3 options are checkmark. So you can do whatever you want to your likings. Let’s say that you want to delete the directory only and you want to keep the Database and Database users, you just uncheck two of them, leave directory’s check mark alone and it will only delete the directory.

So if I choose to keep the directory (which is my main directory) during the uninstall process, the CubeCart files will uninstall independently from the rest of my main directory's content and everything non CubecCart related that is visible in public_html (subdomain, files, etc.) and which are also on my main directory, will remain in tact?

Oh I get it what you mean. Um, if you accidentally let the system install the CubeCart files in your main directory (public_html), and you wanting to delete again so you can start over again, it won’t automatically delete the CubeCart Files in public_html. It will only delete the generation directory and including files when you tell the system that you want to create a folder so that the system can place the files in that folder.

I hope you understand what I’m saying.

Softaculous deleted Cubecart but home directory and all the other content files still in tact... maybe a few leftover CubeCart files remaining here and there, but I can manually delete those.

One reason I was looking at Cubecart, is to find an alternative to X-cart, which I also have installed. I've found x-cart to be very sluggish... regularly taking as much as 15-20 seconds to open pages, and I was hoping Cubecart was a bit more lightweight and faster.

Any suggestions on how to speed up X-cart before I go with something else?

thepiratestore.com

Edited by skully

No it’s not the app. It’s our server a bit slow. Sometimes when you install an app via Softaculous, it will get a bit slow. This happens to other users too. But later it will be back to normal. I check thepiratestore.com and the loading page is running fast now. So you’re good to go.

You're already on our fastest free shared hosting server. The only step up in speed you can do now would be to switch to a VPS https://www.heliohost.org/vps/ We can help transfer your site from Tommy onto the VPS if you decide to go with that option. Also, I should mention that our VPS are very popular (perhaps we priced them too low) because we're almost out of space for VPS already. Once we buy Sparkie we'll have a lot more space for VPS as well as free shared hosting accounts, but we may have to start a waiting list soon.

I'll keep that in mind Krydos... Seems the only time I've ever had any problem with server speed is with X-Cart, and that is primarily with the time to first byte wait time. Once the home page opens everything from that point seems to respond fairly quickly. Cube Cart app on the other hand was much faster right away when I tested it.

Also I received this reply from Softaculous forum about uninstalling Cubecart from my main domain...

When you uninstall an installation made in main directory Softaculous will delete only files that are related to the script installed. In your case CubeCart.

When Softaculous installs a script it notes the files/folders unzipped in the root folder and while removing the installation via Softaculous it will remove only those files and will not touch any other files related to another subdomain etc.