[Solved] Suspended: mspro

mspro

Hello,

My usersname is mspro and my account on Tommy server for www.monsecretariat.pro is suspended.

Could you please unsuspend my account and say me what was it suspended for ?
I think I agree with Heliohost's terms of use, but I will take measures if not.

Looking for your answer

MSPRO

Your account was suspended for Wordpress hacked and I’m not sure what to do with your account. I will escalate this to our root admin to handle this for you.

Sorry about that.

Oh, bad news !

Is it possible to know exactly what was hacked ?

Could you just reset my account insted please ? I do not understand how it happenned (I have not installed features from the Internet, choosen a strong password, ...etc.). I will take measures to secure all of this.
Please send me a backup of my files (or link) to my mailbox.

Thank you !

Your account cannot be reset and you will need to sign up for a new one. A root admin will send you an invitation link to sign up again.

Also, we do not recommend using WordPress since they are vulnerable to attacks. You might have a better luck using Joomla.

WordPress is infamous for malware issues. WP itself is very poorly written (both security and performance wise), and a large number of the free extensions and themes available on the internet are actually disguised backdoors. When you install such an infected theme, the backdoor notifies the hacker who developed it that it was installed. The hacker then uses the backdoor to access your account. In the large majority of cases, the hacked account will be used to set up phishing or send spam, though I've also seen them try to exploit the server or run a botnet from a hacked account.

The best way to avoid this happening again is to not use WordPress. Joomla is a rather popular alternative that doesn't face the same issues WP does (though malware for it does exist, it's nowhere near as prevalent as WordPress).

An invite for a replacement account has been sent to you.

Alright so I was taking my researching about this thing on this forum and It says that it cannot be unsuspended. In this case, I will go ahead and send you a new invitation to your email address that you use when you signup. Please remember that you will have to use a different username and different email address.

That being said, we do not recommend using Wordpress again as flazepe said above. A lot of users had a success using Joomla as a replacement of the Wordpress.